20th September 2012, 05:28 PM
Unregistered

Can I give the test of CDS after passing commerce

I am a commerce student and i don't have maths Can i give test of cds?

16th October 2012, 12:39 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I give the test of CDS after passing commerce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes Off Course Commerce stream candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination , But you have not Mention your Qualification .

Only Graduation candidates eligible to apply for CDS Examination . If your Complete Graduation Course than your eligible to appear in CDS Examination .

And you should note that 12th standard / Diploma candidates are not eligible for CDS Examination .

Commerce stream candidates are eligible to Apply for Army and Officer Training Academy and Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for Airforce and Navy Academy .

Eligibility Criteria for Army and Officer Training Academy :-

Educational Qualification :-

Educational Qualification is same of both the Army and Officer Training Academy .

Applicant should Complete Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . No Minimum Percentage of marks Needed in this Examination .

Age Criteria :-

=For Army Academy --> 19 Years to 24 years and No Upper age relaxation
=For Officer Training Academy --> 19 Years to 25 years and No Upper age relaxation

Marital Status :-

For Army Academy --> Only Unmarried Male
For Officer Training Academy --> Both the Male and Female candidates .

So, If you satisfy the eligibility Criteria than your eligible to appear in CDS Examination .
16th October 2012, 12:42 AM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Only Graduation candidates eligible to apply for CDS Examination . If your Complete Graduation Course than your eligible to appear in CDS Examination .

And you should note that 12th standard / Diploma candidates are not eligible for CDS Examination .

Commerce stream candidates are eligible to Apply for Army and Officer Training Academy and Commerce stream candidates are not eligible for Airforce and Navy Academy .

Educational Qualification is same of both the Army and Officer Training Academy .

Applicant should Complete Graduation in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination . No Minimum Percentage of marks Needed in this Examination .

=For Army Academy --> 19 Years to 24 years and No Upper age relaxation
=For Officer Training Academy --> 19 Years to 25 years and No Upper age relaxation

So, If you satisfy the eligibility Criteria than your eligible to appear in CDS Examination .
16th October 2012, 08:22 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can give CDS exam after passing Commerce i.e. Graduation which is the minimum academic qualification for CDS.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as CDS-I and CDS-II to join Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate must be an unmarried Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 25 years with good Physical and Mental health.

So as you are from Commerce stream, after B.Com. you can only eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy within the age of 19 to 24 years and Officer's Training Academy within the age of 19 to 25 years.

Onlu Male candidate can apply for Indian Military Academy while both male and female candidate can apply for Officer's Training Academy of CDS.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
16th October 2012, 12:33 PM
bhaskar51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
yes Commerce stream candidates are eligible to apply for CDS Examination , but you not mention their qualification

Only Graduation candidates eligible to apply for CDS Examination .if your graduation is complete then you are eligible for cds exam.

For Army Academy --> 19 Years to 24 years and No Upper age relaxation
For Officer Training Academy --> 19 Years to 25 years and No Upper age relaxation
16th October 2012, 03:05 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend,

Yes you can give the CDS with the commerce subject. But you can eligible for only army wing in CDS exam.

The Air force and navy wings you must have physics chemistry and mathematics subjects compulsory.

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate pass the bachelory degree with any stream from any recognized university.

No minimum percentage required this exam.

Final year pursuing candidates also eligible.

Candidate should be citizen of india.

Candidate age limit should be between 19 to 24 years.

The indian air force and navy exams you have PCM subjects compulsory.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Only officer training services the girls are eligible.

Candidate should have physically and medically fit for this exam.

No limit of attempts required to this exam.

Exam Pattern:

Written Test

Medical Test

Interview

Referred Site:

www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST.
20th January 2014, 01:58 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APPLY FOR CDS EXAMS AFTER GRADUATION?
I AM A FIRST YEAR STUDENT(BCOM). MY D.O.B IS 24.09.1993?
19th November 2014, 10:29 AM
Unregistered

I have passed 12th with commerce with 70% and B.COM with 60%. Can i appear for examination in CDS?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?