16th September 2022, 04:58 PM
anu mathapati

Can I go to banking sector after BSc in biology?

Hi im Anuradha, i did science, after i did BSC in chemistry, botany, zoology, my favourite subject is maths, basicly i don't have account knoweldge,

i want to try for banking exams ,bcz compare to Upsc,kpsc, this syllubus is interesting to me, can i have a future in this field, how can i get into this field

23rd September 2022, 02:15 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I go to banking sector after BSc in biology?

The common eligibilty to appear in examination conducted for recruitment in banking jobs is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit varies with examination. So, you are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in various stages of the examination eligible for the final selection.

For more information visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.
23rd September 2022, 08:54 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria required to get into Banking Sector:

The basic eligibility criteria required to get into Banking Sector is given below,

Name of the Sector- Banking

@ Candidates must have completed Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institute.

@ Any Discipline in Graduation is allowed to be eligible.

@ Since you are from B.Sc in Chemistry, Botany and Zoology course background, I can say that you are eligible for Banking related jobs .

@ As far as my best knowledge is concerned, there is no need of Accounts for getting into Banking Sector. You should prepare for the Banking Sector according to the syllabus given in the notification. Also prepare the previous year solved papers and Hence you can easily crack the examination.
25th September 2022, 12:40 AM
Infant angel
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification required to apply for Bank exams is graduation from a recognized University. The age limit should be 20 years to 30 years(age relaxation is offered as per the rules).
25th September 2022, 04:59 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get into the banking sector even having completed your B.Sc. in Biology and not having knowledge of accounts as for getting jobs in banking jobs there is no requirement of hardcore banking and accounts related knowledge.

Also, any stream graduate can apply for the banking jobs for the post of bank clerk and bank probationary officer posts so you are eligible for these jobs as far as the educational requirement is concerned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?