26th April 2022, 11:18 AM
Vaathsalya budatha

Can I join in bsc forensic after completing diploma in computer science?

Hi I completed my diploma in computer science can I join in bsc forensic plz let me know

28th April 2022, 04:54 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join in bsc forensic after completing diploma in computer science?

Yes, you can get admission in forensic science course after diploma in computer science. But, you need a valid score in class 12th board and pass in all the subjects. You should select this course at the time of admission.
28th April 2022, 05:49 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join in bsc forensic after completing diploma in computer science?

No, Computer Science students are not eligible for forensic science course.
Only B.Tech graduates of ECE, Mechnical, Electrical are eligible for this field course.

Also, those who have studied life science graduation can pursue this course in India.

Admission is mostly based on the performance in entrance exam.
29th April 2022, 09:34 PM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Those who have completed their class 12 with science with 50% and above marks from a recognised board are eligible for the course.

Those who have completed diploma in computer science are also eligible.
Admission is granted on the basis of entrance exam as well as merit.

Some of the entrance exam are
CG PAT IISER
IAT OUAT etc
29th April 2022, 10:07 PM
jacobleo329

It is possible to pursue a BSc in Forensic Science after having received your BA. However, it will take you at least five years before getting a job as a Forensic Scientist. Importantly, certain employers prefer that you have specialized training in a specific skill (such as computer forensics) rather than general academic training in the humanities or hard sciences.

Many employers are willing to hire students who have completed an MA or PhD with research experience and demonstrable proficiency in an appropriate area of study. What's more, for advanced careers in biomedical or public health forensics, a PhD degree is essential no matter what stage of career development you're in (i.e., working forensic at-say P<>T, or becoming head of one of the BTELs).

Subject to your performance and after completing ( 1 year) practical training first, there is no reason why you cannot join. Subjects like Forensic techniques etc which would be related to the course can also be included in it.
30th April 2022, 10:00 AM
cookie1902
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join BSc Forensic after completing a Diploma in Computer Science. The minimum educational qualification required to study BSc Forensic is a candidate must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board. This course has both merit-based and entrance-based admission, it may vary from college to college.

The minimum score may vary from university to university which you can check before applying.
30th April 2022, 11:17 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Yes, you're eligible for BSc forensic.

The basic eligibility for the admission in BSc Forensic Science is 10+2 with adequate marks from a recognized board. The fee of this course varies from college to college. The average course fee is between INR 30,000 - 2,50,000.
30th April 2022, 12:18 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

The minimum eligibility criteria to do Bsc forensic is that the candidate must have completed class 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Maths as subject combinations with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent qualification from any recognized board.
30th April 2022, 08:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to pursue B.Sc Forensic science is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board in science stream.

So, you are not eligible to get admission after diploma course. As diploma is not equivalent to higher secondary as per the eligibility for all the institutions.
30th April 2022, 09:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma in Computer science is not equivalent to higher secondary certificate so you are not eligible to get admission in bachelor degree in forensic science.

Eligibility for bachelor degree in forensic science is that candidate must have passed higher secondary from a recognised university in science stream.
30th April 2022, 10:41 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The common eligibilty to apply for the admission inB.Sc Forensic science course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in science stream.

So, you are not eligible to get admission in the course in the basis of diploma qualification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?