10th October 2020, 01:43 AM
shreyashnmhatre2003@gmail

Can I join Indian Air Force being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? Procedure to join?

Sir, can I join Indian Air Force as I have done Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? I want to join Indian Air Force and I want to know about the procedure for me to join. Please tell me asap.

13th October 2020, 05:04 PM
Vaisiri

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? Procedure to join?

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force. And for that you will have to appear for entrance exam conducted by UPSC such as AFCAT. Once you clear this you are interviewed and if they find you worthy you will be given a job after training.
15th October 2020, 07:37 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Air Force being a Diploma Mechanical Engineer? Procedure to join?

Yes, you can join Indian Air Force but you will have to complete graduation first.

After completing Diploma in Mechanical, you can take admission to B.Tech course through lateral entry to Mechanical Engineering.

After completing it or in final year of B.Tech, you can apply for CDS exam that is conducted by UPSC for entry to Indian Air Force.

Other exam that you can apply is AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test).

For CDS, you will have to apply through UPSC Online website i.e. https://upsconline.nic.in/

While for AFCAT exam, you will have to apply through AFCAT's official site i.e. https://afcat.cdac.in/
15th December 2020, 12:56 PM
SHRESTHATHAKUR

You have to complete your graduation and then. After completing it or in final year of B.Tech, you can apply for CDS exam that is conducted by UPSC for entry to Indian Air Force.

Other exam that you can apply is AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test).

For CDS, you will have to apply through UPSC Online website i.e. https://upsconline.nic.in/

While for AFCAT exam, you will have to apply through AFCAT's official site i.e. https://afcat.cdac.in/
16th December 2020, 07:20 PM
prynsh7

For diploma holder there are opportunity available in air-force as IAF Air Man.

In AIR man in technical field for that you have to clear initial screening and after clearing this they will assign you in different fields under category 'X','Y','Z'.

And your work involves the maintenance and testing of aircraft and flying related equipment.

and IF you do Bachelor of Engineering.

to join air force you need to pass CDSE exam.
there after you have to clear SSB (Service selection Board).
If you cleared SSB and if you come in merit list then you are a FLYING OFFICER.
For applying CDSE, you must fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Indian

Educational Qualifications : First Class Graduation( min 60% aggregate marks)in any discipline(Three Years Course) with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
First Class (min 60 % aggregate marks ) BE/ B.Tech(Four years).
Final Year students can also apply, provided that they do not have any backlog and min 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year/ semester.

They usually publish advertisement for CDSE in the month of March and September Every Year

GOOD LUCK!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?