27th March 2023, 11:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I join merchant navy being 26 years old Diploma holder?

Hi, I have completed my HND-NS( higher national diploma in nautical science) when I was 19 yo, but due to some family issues I had to stay with my family. But now I want join merchant navy, is there still a way to do it?

29th March 2023, 12:45 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy being 26 years old Diploma holder?

Yes. Diploma holders are eligible to apply for the merchant navy. But, after completing Diploma in nautical science, you have to pursue Diploma in Marine Engineering. By earning a DME (Diploma in Marine Engineering), you can choose to complete two years of pre-sea training to prepare for a career in the merchant navy. The student can board the ship as a trainee engineer after finishing DME (two years of pre-sea training).

The Age limit of the candidates should be between 25 to 28 years to get eligible for the post of the merchant navy.

If you satisfy the above criteria, then you are eligible for the post.
29th March 2023, 06:40 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy being 26 years old Diploma holder?

You are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam after diploma.

Those candidates who have passed 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from Central / State Board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

The minimum age limit is 16 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.

Physical Criteria:-

Eyesight = 6/ 6
Height =167 cms.
Weight =50 kg
Chest = 77 cms ( normal)/82 cms ( expending).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?