13th March 2015, 01:42 PM
c.g.k

Can I join software field after completing diploma and B.Tech(ECE)

i have complete diploma&b.tech(ece) can i go software filed? or can i choose core field?

18th April 2015, 06:51 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join software field after completing diploma and B.Tech(ECE)

You are free to choose any field.
See, this is the beauty of ECE branch. You become eligible for the software field as well as for your core field also. Hence, your span for job search increases.

Big software giants like Infosys, TCS and Wipro do take ECE graduates. Its just that you should have a basic knowledge of programming languages like C or Java and the rest of the things they wuill teach you in their training.

So, you can very well go to the software fields.

Also, you have equal opportunities in the core fields. ECE companies like Ericsson and Siemens are always in search of young talent who they can train and then make an asset for their company.

So, the decision is completely yours. there is no obligation in switching in the fields. if you think you can grow more in the software fields then you should definitely take the step.
20th April 2015, 08:17 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join software field after completing diploma and B.Tech(ECE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.g.k View Post
i have complete diploma&b.tech(ece) can i go software filed? or can i choose core field?
If you have good knowledge in programming, you can go for software field. Top companies , you may prefer are as given below.

>>CTS
>>TCS
>>Dell
>>Infosys
>>L & T Infotech
>>Musigma
>>Accenture
>>HCL
>>Bosch
etc.,

If you have good knowledge in core subjects, you can go for PSUs. Top companies , you may prefer are as given below.

>>BHEL
>>Indian Oil
>>HPCL
>>BEL
>>Power grid
>>NPCIL
>>NTPC
etc.,

For PSUs, you must have good score in GATE exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?