11th March 2010, 11:33 PM
kousikpotham

Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

i have got less percentage 61 in btech electronics can i get through civil service exam i have heard that they will kept aside the students with less percentage in interview in civil service exam.please give me the correct replay so that i can decide

12th March 2010, 03:58 AM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

no it is nothing like that yes the ones with good %age will get some preference but if you have that ability in you and that talent then you will certainly suceed and dont worry you won't be kept aside in the interveiw as each candidate wil be given equall chance to prove himself..
good luck and leave such negative thoughts and be positive in your approach for the exam and interveiw..
wish you all the best and success....
bye take care..
12th March 2010, 06:55 AM
rednam

Default Re: Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

the percentage in graduation is not an criteria in civil exams,it all comes down to how you prepare for the exams,
it is also very tough to clear the exam in single attempt hence you have to prepare for it for atleast more than one year,and prepare hard
all the best
12th March 2010, 07:27 AM
khusi

i think the selection is entirely based on the performance in the examination and interview and not on your percentage in graduation so dont worry and prepare well for the exam
all the best
12th March 2010, 09:12 PM
rohitparsatwar

no your percentage will not matter much...
you should have right attitude to approach interview.....
dont think about your percentage....
prepare hard for civil service exams.....
you can visit upscportal.com for guidance of experts.....
you can have their interviews also..
12th March 2010, 09:54 PM
Shafna Ashmi.A

No need to worry about ur aggregate in UG... Score more in Prelims and main exam.. Interview is not based on ur UG marks.. It is based on ur main exam marks, ur in built talents, patriotism etc..
13th March 2010, 02:33 AM
asish
Senior Member+

dear friend
marks is not a criteria in UPSC exams
the marks you obtain in the entrance is what matters
just prepare yourself and be confident and i am sure you will succeed
all the best and good luck
13th March 2010, 02:55 PM
nitishinmit
Senior Member+

hi friend
there is no such rule that less percentage student cannot pass the interview,but student getting good marks will definitely get the preference.but dont worry about that and prepare well for the interview,
hope you will be selected
best of luck.
24th March 2010, 09:49 PM
kousikpotham

thank you all for your suggestions.actually i have 96% in 10th and +2 course but less percentage in btech.now i want to go to civil service please tell me that how far i can suceed
23rd April 2010, 02:51 PM
Unregistered

Percentage of marks in UG is not at all a matter of fact in upsc exams. Put in your maximum effort and be confident to take your prelims examination.
23rd May 2010, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

is electronics nd communication offered in the civil services?
13th June 2010, 10:55 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

If you have not score good marks in your b.tech, then dont worry, just appear the
civil services exam, there is no matter if you score good marks in your graduation
or not, just prepare well and keep hard work, you will definately sucess in civil
services examination or interview...............
17th June 2010, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

CAN I ATTEND CIVIL SERVICE EXAM AS I HAVE GOT 50 PERCENT MARKS IN 2 CLASS?PLEASE TELL ME
19th July 2010, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

CAN BTECH ELECTRICAL PERSON GIVE THE EXAM OF IAS
5th August 2010, 09:31 PM
Unregistered

tell me about any percentage criterea in educational qualification criterea in the upsc indian engineering service & about the no of attempts in tis examination in detail.
6th August 2010, 02:26 AM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

Percentage is only a key to sit in the exam , although if you dont well in your interview then your percentage would be an additonal benefit, but till then you will have to prepare for your interview.
6th August 2010, 01:36 PM
August
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

dear friend

for civil service exams u have to pass the minimum criteria that u have.

u have to clear the written exam then u will be called for interview.

despite of low percentage if u will show them your talent then they may select u.

so don't worry about the percentage . study well and impress them .

all the best.
7th August 2010, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

sir i got 80% in 10 class & 75 % in inter & 79 n% in btech is im eligible for civils
10th August 2010, 10:13 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

Hello,

No, it is not true. Candidates are selected on the basis of the entrance exam. If you score well you will be selected.People say this because, a candidate with a good percentage in graduation will score more than any other student with a low percentage, because he has the aptitude, that is why he is able to score more. All that people say is a myth. So if you got less marks in graduation, then i suggest that you work hard so hard that you score well in the entrance exam and get selected accordingly.

There is no percentage barrier to appear for the civil service exams. You are just required to have a graduate degree from a recognised university.

For further details kindly visit the following link:

http://www.upsc.gov.in/

Good Luck!
11th August 2010, 02:39 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in civil services exam is a bachelors degree from a recognized university.
So, you are eligible to apply for civil services exam.

Percentage of Marks in graduation is not a deciding factor for selecting a candidate during the interview round of UPSC exam. Though a candidate with a high percentage of marks does get some preference but if you have the knowledge, skill & ability nobody can stop you from becoming an IPS officer.
11th August 2010, 09:50 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

DEAR FRIEND

to appear for the civil service exams u have to be a graduate.

to clear the exam it depends on your hardwork, dedication , preservance .

so prepare well for the exam.

all d best.
27th August 2010, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

I GOT LESS THAN 50 PERCENT IN B.COM AM I ELIGIBLE PLS REPLY
28th August 2010, 12:42 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

let me tell you, it is not important that how much percentage you have got in your graduation.. the criteria is you just have to complete your graduation..
so, don't be scared, you are eligible for civil service exam..

at the time of your interview, the important things are your communication skills. presents of mind, leadership ,positive attitude etc..

forget the all rumors what you have heard..

all the best..
28th August 2010, 01:49 PM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

let me tell you, it is not important that how much percentage you have got in your graduation.. the criteria is you just have to complete your graduation..
so, don't be scared, you are eligible for civil service exam..

at the time of your interview, the important things are your communication skills. presents of mind, leadership ,positive attitude etc..

forget the all rumors what you have heard..

all the best..
31st August 2010, 11:08 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
dont worry to pass the civil exam no need of more number.For the Civil service exam you need the knowledge,basic concept on the subject.

yet,you should have minimum 60% in B.Tech ,to get a good college.
for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Good luck.
31st August 2010, 11:13 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
dont worry to pass the civil exam no need of more number.For the Civil service exam you need the knowledge,basic concept on the subject.

yet,you should have minimum 60% in B.Tech ,to get a good college.
for more visit:http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Good luck.
4th September 2010, 08:37 PM
syedirshadameen

Post Re: Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

hello friend no need to there your percentage you should there talent to pass exam or interviews
2nd March 2011, 03:56 AM
KHOPRI DADA
Banned

hi,

no it is nothing like that yes the ones with good %age will get some preference but if you have that ability in you and that talent then you will certainly suceed and dont worry you won't be kept aside in the interveiw as each candidate wil be given equall chance to prove himself..
good luck and leave such negative thoughts and be positive in your approach for the exam and interveiw..
wish you all the best and success....

you can visit upscportal.com for guidance of experts.....

all the best............
10th May 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Angry Re: Can I pass civil services exam or interview with less percentage in btech electronics?

just now i had given my +2 exams and result is about to come.i want to become an IAS officer and i knw that my result will be bad.please suggest me,that what to do.somebody suggested me that i should prepare for IAS taking B.A subjects correspoundence to b.tech,because it will be quite easy for me.
15th July 2011, 10:23 PM
umathkavi

No, there is nothing like that.
For applying for civil service exams you should satisfy the criteria below:

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple with atleast 50% of marks.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
30th March 2013, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

I have got the 68% in class 10th and 69% in class 12 but my b.tech percentage less than 60% in 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year and back papers are cleared so tell me i have appear the ias exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?