13th January 2017, 03:39 PM
Mehnaj Afrojah

Can I pursue M.Sc Geophysics from IIT or NIT after completing B.Sc Physics Honors? Is NIT good for pursuing M.Sc in Geophysics?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing B.Sc Physics Honors and after completing it I want to continue with my Education but I am confused what should I do after B.Sc. I want to know can I pursue M.Sc Geophysics from IIT or NIT after completing B.Sc Physics Honors? Is NIT good for pursuing M.Sc in Geophysics? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility to get admission in IIT for M.Sc Geophysics course for F.Y.B.Sc pursuing candidate?
  2. Can I do MSc in Geophysics after B.Tech? Any good institutes providing M.Tech in geophysics?
  3. Can I apply for IIT-JAM(Geology/Geophysics) if having Physics in 3rd & 4th semesters of B.Sc(Geology)? Books for preparation of this exam? Which one has better scope between Geology and Geophysics?
  4. Which course to take after completion of B.Tech in Mechanical engineering? M.Sc in Physics or M.Sc in Geophysics?
  5. Which course is better between Marine Geophysics and MSc Physics?
  6. Can I apply for M.Sc Applied Geophysics if completed B.Sc with Physics and Chemistry as main subjects?
  7. How to pursue Ph.D in Earth Sciences in Germany? I have finished MSc in Geophysics
  8. What should I choose among Electronics, Applied Physics, Astro-Physics, Geophysics and core Physics for M.Sc after completing B.Sc(Physics)?
  9. In which field can I get a job after completing MSc in Applied Geophysics from IIT Bombay? How to apply for the jobs?
  10. Universities in India offering MSc Geology or Applied Geology, MSc Geophysics or Applied Geophysics, MSc Hydro Geology in Distance Education? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to study M.Sc(Geophysics) being a B.Sc(Physics) Honours student? Percentage required to get admission?
  12. When is the BHU MSc physics and geophysics entrance exam?
  13. Question papers of BHU MSc Geophysics?
  14. Whether studying B.Sc(Physics) is enough to get admission in M.Sc(Geophysics)?
  15. Salary package of MSc Tech with Geophysics in BHU? In which university is the salary package the highest in MSc Tech with Geophysics?
  16. Am I eligible to get inspire scholarship while pursuing M.Sc course in NIT?
  17. Syllabus, sample question papers with solution and study materials of AUCET for M.Sc Geophysics programme?
  18. What is best after doing BSc in Physics honors other than MSc
16th January 2017, 02:13 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pursue M.Sc Geophysics from IIT or NIT after completing B.Sc Physics Honors? Is NIT good for pursuing M.Sc in Geophysics?

M.Sc. Geophysics or Master of Science in Geophysics is a postgraduate Physics course. The duration of this course is two years. For this course candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognized university. The minimum percentage required in bachelor degree for Master of Science in Geophysics course is 50%. As per my knowledge, you are eligible to pursue M.Sc Geophysics from IIT or NIT after completing B.Sc Physics Honors. I think NIT does not offer Master of Science in Geophysics course so that you can apply for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

BEST COLLEGE FOR YOU.

Indian Institute of Technology - IIT Kharagpur

Contact Address
Kharagpur
Kharagpur, West Bengal
(03222) 255221
(03222) 255303
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?