14th May 2022, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I pursue a Nursing course asper my KCSE qualification?

I did my KCSE in the year 2021 and scored the following mean grade of C with D+ English, Kiswahili C, Biology C, Chemistry D+, Mathematics D, History B, Geo B-

14th May 2022, 11:30 PM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I pursue a Nursing course asper my KCSE qualification?

No, you are not eligible to pursue Diploma course in Nursing as your grades in KCSE exam do not satisfy the entry criteria.
Below is the entry criteria for admission in Diploma course of Nursing.

Minimum Entry Criteria in Diploma:-

>>Aggregate grade : C Plain
>>Mandatory Subjects:
Biology or Biological Sciences: C Plain
English or Kiswahili: C Plain
Grade C- in any of the following subjects: Physical Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, General Science, Physics with Chemistry.
14th May 2022, 11:43 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

The candidate should have competed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks from any recognized university. The candidate must have completed 12th in the science stream. Certificate, Diploma, and UG nursing courses require all the students to have passed 12th from a recognized board.
For Post graduate courses candidates must have completed graduation with 50%
15th May 2022, 12:21 AM
Msdhoni02

A four-year bachelor degree in nursing.
A three-year diploma.
A one-year higher certificate in auxiliary nursing.
One-year postgraduate advanced diploma in nursing and midwifery on top of your degree or diploma.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?