7th September 2018, 08:09 PM
Vivekprajapati4321

Can I secure BE(Marine Engineering) admission through JEE Main?

Sir/Madam, I am preparing for JEE Main and I am interested to study BE with Marine Engineering. I just want to know that if I qualify in JEE Main then I will be eligible to secure BE admission with this specialization?

8th September 2018, 06:09 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I secure BE(Marine Engineering) admission through JEE Main?

Yes, absolutely ! You can secure admission in BE Marine Engineering course through JEE Main since all engineering colleges which offer the concerned course accept JEE Main scorecard.

Some colleges which offer the concerned course are listed below.

>>Andhra University College of Engineering
AUCE Rd, AU North Campus, Andhra University North Campus, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh 530003

>>Anna University of Technology
Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India

>> Gujarat Technological University
Near Visat Three Roads, Visat - Gandhinagar Highway, Chandkheda, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 382424

>> Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering
Chennai-Bengaluru High Road, Pennalur Village, Kancheepuram District, Sriperambudur, Tamil Nadu 602117
8th September 2018, 10:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

A candidate is said to be eligible for this course only if they have passes Senior Secondary examination with subjects such as Maths, Physics and Chemistry.
Most of the institutions have entrance exams as a admission mode.
The students who have appeared in 12th examination and await the result are allowed to apply for the course by such institutions.
The minimum percentage of 50% is usually required in senior secondary examination.
9th September 2018, 09:05 PM
Anwesha Banerjee15

Only IITs take the admission in marine engineering on the basis of JEE rank, otherwise all the other universities have their own entrance exam. Many opt for IMU CET, which is conducted by the Indian Maritime University (IMU). Admission in many top marine engineering institutions in India takes place on the basis of ranks in IMU CET.
9th September 2018, 10:59 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed JEE Main examination are eligible to get admission in B.E course.

So, candidates passed are eligible to get admission in 4 year B.E course. After qualifying in the entrance examination you will become eligible to get admission.

Candidates qualifying in the examination are eligible for admission in NIT and other government colleges.
10th September 2018, 02:08 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.E. Marine Engineering or Bachelor of Engineering in Marine Engineering is an undergraduate Marine Engineering course. The duration of this course is four years.

=> For this course candidate should have passed 12th class in science stream from a recognized board.

=> As per my knowledge, you can secure BE(Marine Engineering) admission through JEE Main examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?