11th April 2018, 11:37 AM
Unregistered

Can I study BAMS after completing BSc(Computer Science)?

Respected Sir, I am studying BSc in Computer Science stream. Now I have a interest to study BAMS course. So, I would like to know that after completing my this BSc I can study BAMS course or not?

14th April 2018, 08:22 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BAMS after completing BSc(Computer Science)?

The full form of BAMS is Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery.

The eligibility criteria for BAMS course:

1. You should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology at 12th level along with English.

2. The percentage of marks required for general candidates is 50%. For reserved category candidates, it is 40%.

If you satisfy both of these criteria then you can apply for BAMS competitive entrance exam.
14th April 2018, 09:33 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery.

Requirements to pursue this course:

Academic qualification: Minimum qualification of higher secondary with PCB subjects.

Percentage of marks required is 50%.

You can apply for BAMS course only if you have studied PCB subjects in 12th.
15th April 2018, 01:27 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To pursue BAMS course the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

So, if you have the above qualification then you can appear for NEET and other entrance examination conducted for admission in the course.

For more information regarding the course visit at official website of the university in which you want to get admission.
15th April 2018, 11:03 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery. The academic qualification required to pursue this course is that candidate must have done 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology. You should have scored minimum of 50% marks in board exam.

Yes, you can study BAMS if you the above mentioned criteria. Now, many BAMS college accept NEET score for admission in this course. You can apply for NEET exam next year to become eligible for admission in the best colleges.
15th April 2018, 11:11 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery. It is a 5 1/2 year Bachelor's degree course in the field of Ayurvedic Medicine. To be eligible to pursue BAMS course, you should have to pass 12th standard or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects from a Government recognised board. So, if you have passed your 12th standard with PCB stream, you are eligible to pursue BAMS course else, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing BAMS course.
15th April 2018, 11:20 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

BAMS stands for Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery. It is an undergraduate course.

The required qualification to appear for entrance examination to get admission in course is that :

Candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as main paper.

Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in 12th.

So, you can appear for examination conducted by the university to get admission in the course.
15th April 2018, 11:31 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> B.A.M.S. or Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine & Surgery is an undergraduate Ayurvedic course.

=> The duration of this course is five years.

=> For this course candidate must have passed 12th class with PCB from a recognized board of education.

ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

1. All India Institute of Medical Sciences Entrance Exam

2. Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education & Research Entrance Exam.

3. All India Pre-Medical/Pre-Dental Entrance Exam

As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to study BAMS after completing B.Sc(Computer Science).
15th April 2018, 02:11 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

You can study Bachelor of Ayurved Medicine and Surgery course but you should meet given below two criteria:

Academic criteria for this exam is higher secondary board passed candidates with minimum 50% marks.

Age criteria is 17-25 years.

Name of entrance exam for admission: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?