16th December 2018, 07:39 PM
marufa aktar

Can I study MBBS after completing 12th from NIOS?

I have completed my 12th board exam from NIOS from Science stream. I want to pursue MBBS now. So, is this 12th from NIOS valid to get admission in any medical colleges?

24th December 2018, 10:31 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS after completing 12th from NIOS?

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and as the name suggest it is an undergraduate degree course of five and half years after completing which one heads towards becoming a doctor.

Further, the minimum education required to pursue the same degree course is a class 12th with Physics Chemistry and Biology or Biotechnology as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, having completed your class 12th with NIOS board which is one of the three national board of education in India you are certainly eligible to pursue MBBS degree course.

Further, for pursuing MBBS degree course from a medical college in India you are required to qualify NEET or AIIMS MBBS entrance exam or JIPMER MBBS entrance examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?