6th February 2018, 09:53 PM
Ucy

Can I study MBBS and become a doctor having completed B.Tech?

I did my B.Tech and had PCM in 12th. Now I want to become Doctor. What should I do? Can I do it from any open university? Do I have to do MBBS only or is there any other course also for students from engineering background?

11th February 2018, 03:46 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I study MBBS and become a doctor having completed B.Tech?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ucy View Post
I did my B.Tech and had PCM in 12th. Now I want to become Doctor. What should I do? Can I do it from any open university? Do I have to do MBBS only or is there any other course also for students from engineering background?
I would suggest you to continue your study in your respective field because there are lots of options available for you being a passed out B.Tech student organizations like BHEL, BEL, SAIL, ISRO, you can also go for the Government job like in Railways, Defense, UPSC, SSC, Bank job etc.

MBBS degree is the basic qualification required to become a doctor. In order to become a doctor candidate should pass medical entrance exam in order to get admission in a good medical college. Also the maximum age for the medical entrance exam is 21 years - 23 years. So, might be due to your age issue you will not be allowed to sit for medical entrance exam.
11th February 2018, 03:46 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Let me tell you that to pursue any Medical course it is compulsory to have Biology in 12th board.
You must have completed intermediate from Science stream having Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subject.
Then only you will be eligible to pursue MBBS.
But as you have mentioned that you have PCM as main subjects in intermediate then on this basis you are not eligible to pursue MBBS or any other medical courses.
11th February 2018, 07:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

MBBS refers to Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery and for pursuing the same degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as main subjects with at least 50% marks from recognized board of education.

So having completed your Class 12th with PCM group followed by B.Tech degree course you are not eligible for pursuing MBBS degree course unless you reappear in your higher secondary school degree with PCB group.

As far as you are concerned about pursuing MBBS from open university then MBBS degree in open/distance mode is not valid at all.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?