18th May 2019, 04:31 PM
kp1397

Can I take admission in Chartered Accountancy course after completion of B.Com with 49%?

I have completed my B.Com final exam and scored 49%. Now, can I take admission in Chartered Accountancy course? For which module can I take admission? How and when to register for CA? Will I get exemption from CPT?

23rd May 2019, 08:58 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in Chartered Accountancy course after completion of B.Com with 49%?

Yes, you can take admission in Chartered Accountancy course after completion of your B.Com course with 49% aggregate marks. Candidates who have passed B.Com course with minimum aggregate of 55% marks from a government recognised board are eligible to get admission for pursuing Chartered Accountancy course without appearing in CPT examination. Since, you have secured 49% aggregate marks in your B.Tech course, you have to appear and qualify the CPT examination to get admission for pursuing Chartered Accountancy course.
23rd May 2019, 10:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I take admission in Chartered Accountancy course after completion of B.Com with 49%?

Having completed your graduation in Commerce stream with just 49% marks, you are not eligible for exemption from CPT (Common Proficiency Test) and therefore to get complete your CA (Chartered Accountancy) course, you will have to start from foundation course in CA by qualifying CPT followed by IPCC (Integrated Professional Competence Course) and then the final stage course as for CPT exemption, candidates with bachelor's degree in Commerce stream are required to have managed at least 55% marks from a recognised university.

For more details regarding CA course, you can refer to the link www.icai.org.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?