1st March 2013, 01:07 AM
amir suhial

Can I take AMIE course after studying in mechanical diploma?

im studing in mechnical diploma .. after compleing diploma can i take ami course ? and tell about course details & collages &fees.

1st March 2013, 07:10 AM
prabhjot nani

Default Re: Can I take AMIE course after studying in mechanical diploma?

Dear friend,
Well,of-course,you can take AMIE course for diploma.
Here are the qualifications for doing AMIE, if you fulfill all thers qualifications then you are eligible::
AMIE Eligibility criteria
Aspiring students should posses at lease one the following eligibility criteria if he or she wishes to join the program
• Should be at least 18 years or above
• The person should have undertaken and passed the 3 year Diploma conducted by the IEI or any related branch of Engineering or technology or any other related field
• He or She should possess a diploma or certificate equaling to the above and obtained by a recognized educational body
• Should have passed +2/hsc/pre degree/PDC with subjects taken being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a minimum of a passing rate of 45%.
• Students who posses other similar qualifications that are not clarified above may contact the Institute for further information regarding enrollment for the program
A glance through some of the qualifying examinations and passes required for AMIE eligibility
• The intermediate examination for science studied with passes in English, mathematics, physics and chemistry.
• Bachelor of Science with passes in chemistry, physics and mathematics.
• A pass in the first year examinations under a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields of Mathematics, chemistry and physics along with earlier passes in the same subjects and English in either a higher secondary examinations or other pre university examination.
• Pass the final examinations of the ten+two+three two year course administrated by the State Board of HSE in the above detailed subjects along with earlier passes in the same subjects and English in either a higher secondary examination or other pre university examination and a supporting school education of at least ten years.
• Undertake at lease the first year examinations of the 5 year integrated study program in engineering conducted by the IEI or have passed the pre-professional examination in engineering.
• A pass obtained in the training admission examinations of the West Bengal Board of Apprenticeship.
• A pass in the initial examination of the Bachelor of Architecture conducted by the University of Calcutta.
• A pass from the first year examinations of bachelor of technical education conducted by the Ajmar Regional College.
• Completion of the 2 year program administrated by IMA (Indian Military Academy) in Khadakyasla or the National Defense Academy in Dehradun.
• Obtain a pass in Vocational HSC (Higher Secondary Course) administrated by the Kerala, Directorate of VHSE Institute.
• Obtain the certificate of SSS (Senior Secondary School) issued by the New Delhi, National Open School (NOS).
• Diploma certificates and qualification obtained in the programs for Vocational Training for Fitters in the following categories , Diesel Mechanics, Surface Coating, EIM (Electrical Instrument Mechanics) through the courses conducted by the Sumant Moolgaonkar Institute of Engineering in Kymore, state of Madhya Pradesh.
• Obtain a pass in the Bachelor of Science Degree awarded for computer science and Electronics administrated by the NCSC (Narmada College of Science and Commerce) in Bharuch.
Students who do not possess any of the above qualifications but wish to apply for the membership should contact the IEI for clarifications and henceforth could obtain details of individual qualifying criteria prior to applying for the membership.

Best of luck!!!!
1st March 2013, 07:11 AM
prabhjot nani

Dear friend,
Well,of-course,you can take AMIE course for diploma.
Here are the qualifications for doing AMIE, if you fulfill all thers qualifications then you are eligible::
AMIE Eligibility criteria
Aspiring students should posses at lease one the following eligibility criteria if he or she wishes to join the program
• Should be at least 18 years or above
• The person should have undertaken and passed the 3 year Diploma conducted by the IEI or any related branch of Engineering or technology or any other related field
• He or She should possess a diploma or certificate equaling to the above and obtained by a recognized educational body
• Should have passed +2/hsc/pre degree/PDC with subjects taken being Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a minimum of a passing rate of 45%.
• Students who posses other similar qualifications that are not clarified above may contact the Institute for further information regarding enrollment for the program
A glance through some of the qualifying examinations and passes required for AMIE eligibility
• The intermediate examination for science studied with passes in English, mathematics, physics and chemistry.
• Bachelor of Science with passes in chemistry, physics and mathematics.
• A pass in the first year examinations under a Bachelor’s degree in the following fields of Mathematics, chemistry and physics along with earlier passes in the same subjects and English in either a higher secondary examinations or other pre university examination.
• Pass the final examinations of the ten+two+three two year course administrated by the State Board of HSE in the above detailed subjects along with earlier passes in the same subjects and English in either a higher secondary examination or other pre university examination and a supporting school education of at least ten years.
• Undertake at lease the first year examinations of the 5 year integrated study program in engineering conducted by the IEI or have passed the pre-professional examination in engineering.
• A pass obtained in the training admission examinations of the West Bengal Board of Apprenticeship.
• A pass in the initial examination of the Bachelor of Architecture conducted by the University of Calcutta.
• A pass from the first year examinations of bachelor of technical education conducted by the Ajmar Regional College.
• Completion of the 2 year program administrated by IMA (Indian Military Academy) in Khadakyasla or the National Defense Academy in Dehradun.
• Obtain a pass in Vocational HSC (Higher Secondary Course) administrated by the Kerala, Directorate of VHSE Institute.
• Obtain the certificate of SSS (Senior Secondary School) issued by the New Delhi, National Open School (NOS).
• Diploma certificates and qualification obtained in the programs for Vocational Training for Fitters in the following categories , Diesel Mechanics, Surface Coating, EIM (Electrical Instrument Mechanics) through the courses conducted by the Sumant Moolgaonkar Institute of Engineering in Kymore, state of Madhya Pradesh.
• Obtain a pass in the Bachelor of Science Degree awarded for computer science and Electronics administrated by the NCSC (Narmada College of Science and Commerce) in Bharuch.
Students who do not possess any of the above qualifications but wish to apply for the membership should contact the IEI for clarifications and henceforth could obtain details of individual qualifying criteria prior to applying for the membership.

Best of luck!!!!
1st March 2013, 10:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for AMIE if you are a Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. So don't worry about eligibility criteria because you are definitely eligible for it.

AMIE Stands for Associate Member of the Institution of Engineers.

Education Qualification for AMIE:

-Diploma in Engineering in any of the Engineering Streams OR 10+2 with subjects like Physics, chemistry and maths.

-Age should be above 18 years.

Procedure to apply:

You are a Diploma holder so you have to apply for Senior Technician.

You have to fill the application on a prescribed format and fill all the details and send it to the required address along with the draft of Rs.5800.

You will get your membership after some time and then you can appear for AMIE examination.

Fee Structure of AMIE:

-Membership Registration: Rs.5800

-Examination Fee:Rs.2000

-Section B Registration:Rs.3000

-Laboratory Fee:Rs.5000

-Fee for Provisional Appearance:Rs.1500

-Re-registration:Rs.1500(If registration Expires)

For more information visit http://www.ieindia.org/
20th March 2013, 09:00 PM
raj bn

yes definitely you can do AMIE course. Its an correspondence to B.E. But at the same time you it is better you do some job in company as you don't have to attend classes as such. And it would be helpful to you in your professional life after you complete the course and you can get promotions as well by using it.
27th June 2013, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

CAN I STUDY AMIE AFTER COMPLEATING IME INDIA
13th January 2014, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

i have done diploma in mechanical stream after getting lateral entry through ime. can i take addmission in amie?
12th March 2014, 01:13 AM
Unregistered

Can i do AMIE even when i m not doing any job and having 1 year gap aftr diploma?
2nd August 2014, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

what are the procedure to become a corporete member in AMIE , after passing both section A and B
11th May 2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

HI, I AM DIPLOMA HOLDER IN PLASTIC MOLD TECHNOLOGY . I WANT TO GET ADMISSION IN MECHANICAL STREAM PLEASE INFORMATION TO ME IT IS POSSIBLE.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?