15th June 2020, 09:58 PM
Somesh 1919

Can we apply and write the NDA exam while being in 12th standard?

I have passed 11th and now I am in 12th. I will be appearing for my 12th Board exams in 2021. Can I apply for NDA examination which is going to held on 2nd September, 2020? Or, do I need to wait until completion of my 12th Board exams?

18th June 2020, 11:43 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we apply and write the NDA exam while being in 12th standard?

You can apply for NDA now. It is conducted by UPSC.

The eligiblility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in std 12th from a recognised board.

The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear in the examination.

It is conducted twice in a year. For more information about the examination and selection procedure visit at www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2020, 09:46 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and to join the same, you need to qualify NDA examination held by UPSC twice every year.

Further, the basics qualifications required to apply for the NDA examination are as below :-

* You must be an unmarried Indian male candidate.

* Your age must lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th in any stream from a recognised board of education. But, to join Indian Airforce and Indian Navy wings of NDA, you are required to have pursued Mathematics and Physics at your Class 12th level. Further, candidates going to appear in their Class 12th board examination are also eligible

* You must hold the physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

So, having passed your Class 11th and currently pursuing your Class 12th, you are eligible to apply for the NDA II examination 2020, provided you satisfy criteria other than educational qualification too.

For more detailed information regarding the NDA examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
19th June 2020, 01:46 PM
lupta12

Yes , you can definitely applied for the NDA exam . NDA exam consists of 2 stages :

1. Written exam.
2. Interview test .

You should prepare well for the Intelligence test and personality test for the selection in NDA examination .

Prepare well and good luck for your examination .
19th June 2020, 03:48 PM
Anshnarula

Yes we can apply and write NDA exam while being in 12 standard.
If our age is 15 1\2 or more othetwise not.
20th June 2020, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Yes,you can give exam if you have completed 12th or equivalent from a recognised board.institute.The NDA exam will be conducted by the UPSC every year for the army,navy and air force wings. You should not be below 16.5 years and not above 19 years to be eligible for the NDA exam.

The application forms for NDA 2019 is available online on the official website of UPSC (www.upsconline.nic.in). Registration Procedure comprises of two steps, first, fill the application form as per the given instructions, and, second, remit the application fee of INR 100, either by online or offline mode.
You can check detail here http://www.upsc.gov.in
this answer will help you
Good luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?