19th July 2020, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Can we write the IIT entrance exam directly after qualifying 10th Board exams?

Hi, I have completed my 10th board exams under ICSE Board's curriculum and scored 85% overall. So, now am I eligible to apply and write the entrance examination conducted for admission in IITs? Or, do I need to do 12th?

25th July 2020, 11:40 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can we write the IIT entrance exam directly after qualifying 10th Board exams?

No, it is not possible to appear in the JEE (Joint Entrance Examination) also known as IIT JEE examination just after completion of Class 10th as JEE is conducted for offering admission in Degree course in Engineering for which the minimum education required is a Class 12th in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognised board of education.

So, to appear in JEE, you need to wait till you get into your Class 12th as Class 12th appearing candidates are also allowed to appear in the same examination.

For complete details and FAQs related to the same examination, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
25th July 2020, 02:04 PM
soumyadipghosh
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can we write the IIT entrance exam directly after qualifying 10th Board exams?

IIT entrance means JEE Advance. You first need to pass 12 th examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics with 75% average marks. Then you have to qualify JEE main. Qualifying in JEE main is the key to appear for JEE advance. After that you need to qualify in JEE advance. Shortlisted candidates of JEE advance will get a chance to have admission in IITs.
25th July 2020, 08:05 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear for IIT entrance examination on the basis of 10th board.

The eligibility to appear for JEE Main is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th board examination.

So, you have to pursue std 12th to become eligible to appear for JEE. Candidates after qualifying in JEE Main will become eligible for JEE Advanced.
25th July 2020, 08:14 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot directly get admission into IITs after passing 10th standard.

Now, you will have to choose stream for 11th and 12th standard. For getting into IITs, you will have to choose PCM stream (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)

Other than PCM stream, you can take optional subjects like English, Computer Science, Hindi, Physical Education, etc.

Note that for getting into IITs, you need to qualify entrance exams like JEE Main and then JEE Advanced.

Questions in these entrance exam will be based on 11th and 12th syllabus of your Board. And questions will be from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?