23rd October 2016, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

CDS is there for PCB students or not? Do they recruit girls having septacles?

I am studying in class 11. I want to know whether CDS is there for PCB students or not. And if it's there then do they recruit girls having spectacle.

24th October 2016, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CDS is there for PCB students or not? Do they recruit girls having septacles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in class 11. I want to know whether CDS is there for PCB students or not. And if it's there then do they recruit girls having spectacle.
You can follow below given eligibility criteria for CDS exam. Being a 11th standard candidates, you are not eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam. CDS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
Officers Training Academy : 19 to 25 years
Indian Navy Academy : 19 to 22 years
Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
24th October 2016, 08:08 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: CDS is there for PCB students or not? Do they recruit girls having septacles?

CDS stands Combined Defense Services and basically it is an training academy through which one is appointed as a defense officer in Indian Defense Services. Also to join the same one needs to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

--> Now as far as you are concerned about the eligibility of Class 12th with PCB group students for CDS then I want to let you know that yes all stream graduate are allowed to appear in the same examination but without Physics/Mathematics/Engineering stream in graduation one is not allowed to join the Naval Academy and Air force Academy of CDS.

--> Also for physical fitness point of view of eyes of girls, then for girls eye with myopia not more than -5.5 D as well as manifest hypermetropia not more than 3.5 D are allowed to appear in the same examination.

For more details regarding CDS examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in
24th October 2016, 09:50 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

Eligibility criteria for CDS examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline for Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy. For Indian Naval Academy and Air Force bachelor's degree in science or engineering is minimum qualification required.

2. The age limit for IMA is 19-24 years, 19-25 years for OTA, 19-22 years for INA and 19-23 years for Air Force academy.

PCB candidates can apply for CDS examination. Your eyes need to be 6/6 if you wear spectacles then only you will qualify medical test of Service Selection board.
20th December 2016, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

If an student have back and by doing Carryover it cleared in CSE then she is eligible for CDs c ota
23rd June 2020, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th just now with pcb.so can i give the cds exam or not with pcb direct after 12th
5th June 2021, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Can I give CDs exam after my Neet...... Having PCB
24th January 2022, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Bio stream after 12 graduation with BA
Can apply for CDS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?