12th July 2017, 11:31 AM
Lalam murali

Chances to become a Cosmologist for B.Sc Chemistry student? What to do to become a Cosmologist?

I have just completed Intermediate with PCM group and got 91.7% in Andhra Pradesh board. I was appeared in JEE Mains but not qualified then I joined degree in B.Sc Chemistry in Andhra Pradesh. Now, I want to know can I become a Cosmologist? What can I do to become a Cosmologist?

9th August 2017, 06:29 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Chances to become a Cosmologist for B.Sc Chemistry student? What to do to become a Cosmologist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalam murali View Post
I have just completed Intermediate with PCM group and got 91.7% in Andhra Pradesh board. I was appeared in JEE Mains but not qualified then I joined degree in B.Sc Chemistry in Andhra Pradesh. Now, I want to know can I become a Cosmologist? What can I do to become a Cosmologist?

Candidate as you want to become a cosmologist then you can apply for cosmologist course because the minimum qualification required to apply for the cosmologist course is 10+2 from science stream with Physics, Chemistry and biology subjects.

>> Candidate cosmology is a branch of Physics which deals with the study of finding the answers like How earth originate, Nature Processes, Study of motion, Study of heavily bodies like (sun, Planets, Stars, Comets, Galaxies, Natural satellites etc.).

>> Cosmologist study is relative study of Astrophysics, Astronomy, Space science etc. It is based on Physics.

Eligibility required for Cosmologist:-

>> Minimum qualification required to apply is 10+2 from science stream with minimum 55% marks.

>> Candidate age must be more then 17 years.

>> Applying candidate must be of curious nature.

>> Applicant must be good in physics and also have good programming skills.

Colleges Offer Cosmology Courses:-

1). Indian Institute of Astrophysics.(Banglore).

2). Andhra University.(Vishakhapatnam).

3). Osmania University centre for advance study in astronomy.(Hyderabad).

4). Punjabi University.(Patiyala).

Job Options for Cosmologist:-

:- ISRO(Indian Space Research Organization).

:- VSSC(Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre).

:- ABAA(Association of Bangalore Amateur Astronomers).

:- Space physics laboratories.

:- Space application center.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?