30th October 2018, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Changing of stream is allowed or not in B.Tech if I join after Diploma?

I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Now, I wish to take admission in B.Tech. However, I want to change my stream to some other specialization. So, will it be allowed by universities?

31st October 2018, 08:55 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Changing of stream is allowed or not in B.Tech if I join after Diploma?

No, you can't change your stream for pursuing B.Tech course. You have to pursue B.Tech course in the same stream in which you have pursued Diploma course. You can also choose your Diploma stream related courses for pursuing your B.Tech course. Being a Diploma holder, you can get direct admission in second year of B.Tech course through lateral entry admission process.
31st October 2018, 10:13 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Changing of stream is allowed or not in B.Tech if I join after Diploma?

Yes, change of stream in bachelor's degree of technology is allowed after completing diploma in some other stream. Diploma candidates who have minimum of 60% marks in it can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

LEET is an exam conducted for admission in second year of B.Tech. Different state government conduct this university. You can apply for your own state LEET exam. Diploma candidates are also allowed to apply for JEE exam for admission in IITs.
31st October 2018, 12:24 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

1. Diploma candidates are permitted to change their stream in bachelor's degree if they have not enjoyed or studied well the stream of diploma.

2. You can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in Bachelor of Technology course. You must have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for exam.

3. Depending upon your rank, you can select college and stream in B.Tech.
31st October 2018, 07:10 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes, it is possible to change your branch after diploma but that depends on which stream you are in currently and accordingly I can suggest you that which options you are having while switching the branch.
31st October 2018, 07:32 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Diploma candidates are allowed to change their stream while taking admission in bachelor of Technology.

There is an entrance exam called lateral entry entrance test diploma students who have 60% marks or more can apply for this exam and secure a top rank to get admission in good BTech colleges and select the desired discipline.
31st October 2018, 08:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

No, if you want to get admission through lateral entry then candidates are not eligible to change the stream and have to complete their B.Tech in the same stream.

Through lateral entry candidates are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech course.

Candidates have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?