14th May 2022, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Charted Accountant can pursue MPhil in Economics?

Can I do MPhil Economics after doing CA? Because CA is recognized equivalent to M.Com in Pakistan. Regards

14th May 2022, 11:53 PM
ashishboudha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Charted Accountant can pursue MPhil in Economics?

The MPhil in Economics is designed to provide rigorous training in economic theory, applied economics, and econometric methods.
To apply for an MPhil in Economics degree, students must meet the following eligibility criteria: A 4-year professional Bachelor's degree in Economics or related discipline, or a Bachelor's + Master's degree from a well-ranked institution with an overall aggregate of 75%.
15th May 2022, 12:22 AM
Msdhoni02

MPhil eligibility criteria may be different for different colleges, but a minimum of 55% should be scored in any Master's degree to pursue MPhil course.

MPhil Admission usually takes place through merit or after qualifying entrance exams and personal interview rounds.
15th May 2022, 12:34 PM
piya1617
Senior Member+++++

Yes. You are eligible to do MPhil in Economics after completing your Charted Accountant course.
15th May 2022, 02:48 PM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue MPhil in Economics after CA. You can also do a PhD in various subjects. Even if you don't have any other degree, but if you have Chartered Acountancy Membership, that's enough.
15th May 2022, 08:50 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

--- As a CA, I will say that Economics is a brilliant subject. It gets even more interesting once we come to know that the decisions taken by economist have enormous impact on countries stock exchanges and Forex. It will be great if you could measure in Economics in the future and if you are really passionate I suggest you take up MBA from the IIMs or reputed University after which you can pursue Masters or PhD in economics. It all depends on the effort you are willing to put in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?