28th May 2016, 07:39 AM
nikeshprasad9

Comparison between Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Science branches of engineering

Since I am going to take admission in an engineering college very soon I will be highly obliged if anybody can do a comparison between on the above mentioned engineering streams based on job prospects in coming years, difficulty level, pay package, etc

Related Questions:
  1. How many PSUs recruit without GATE score?
  2. IES applicable for only four branches - Mechanical, Electrical, ECE, Civil? What about Computer science?
  3. How many seats are there in Cochin University and Technology?
  4. Which stream to go for after scoring an IIT JEE rank of 2103?
  5. List of the B.Tech colleges which offer SAARCH countries students B.Tech degree?
  6. Which course is better in coming years, Civil, Mechanical, ETC, Electrical and Electronics? Scopes of these engineering branches?
  7. Best 25 colleges offering EC department?
  8. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  9. How is the VIT Chennai campus? Is the placement good in VIT Chennai compared to vellore? Which stream can i get after scoring 10335 rank in VIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Which course is a better choice for Higher studies for my daughter after completion of Intermediate with MPC group if she interested in Mathematics?
  11. List of top colleges and maximum TANCET marks required to join them?
  12. When to get the West Bengal Polytechnic Form?
  13. List of colleges available for doing M.Tech after completing B.Tech with 54% marks?
  14. Can I get admission to study Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, Electronics or Civil if secured 4395 general rank in KIITEE?
  15. Cutoff marks or percentage required for admission in engineering colleges in Gujarat in Mechanical, Civil, Electrical and Computer Science?
  16. Will I get placed in ISRO after B.Tech in EE?
  17. Admission in MBM is possible with general rank of 3026 and SC rank of 172?
  18. What is the syllabus of the various engineering exams? Which has the greatest scope among all?
3rd June 2016, 12:36 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Comparison between Civil, Mechanical, Electrical and Computer Science branches of engineering

The basic difference between the streams are as follows;

Civil Engineering is basically the education related to details regarding design, construction and maintenance of physical and natural built environment including works like road, dams, bridges and buildings etc.

Mechanical Engineering
is the branch of education that basically deals with design, construction and maintenance of machines of different operations. It basically deals with the running of machines and its maintenance.

Electrical Engineering is basically the education related to the study of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism field.

Computer Science Engineering
deals with the computer networking and communication, database management, parallel computation, distributed computation, etc.

You can get job in various leading MNCs in ever field provided you should make sure that the university you opt to study from is well reputed and recognized as only those colleges can provide you a good placement in big MNCs.

There is nothing such as difficulty level of the course, each stream has its own level of education and it depends upon you as to how well do you adapt with the course. If you are really interested in the field you opt for then I am sure you will definitely do well in it.

Salary package depends upon the company you are working for as there is no such fixed salary package for any of the above mentioned streams. Salary package always varies from companies to companies and never remains the same and also according to your performance and abilities.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?