11th August 2020, 01:21 PM
RAVIVARMAN M

Is it compulsory to complete full B.Tech course to be eligible to appear for CDS exam?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after my tenth class. Now I am going to join B.Tech directly in the second year. That is lateral entry. After completion of three years of engineering without studying first year in engineering can I apply for CDS exam?

13th August 2020, 08:58 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to complete full B.Tech course to be eligible to appear for CDS exam?

Yes, you will be eligible for appearing in the CDS (Combined Defense Services) Examination after completion of your B.Tech degree course (pursued even through lateral entry) as B.Tech degree course through lateral entry is equivalent to a regular four year full time B.Tech degree course.

Further, you can appear in the same examination while pursuing final year of your B.Tech degree course too (provided you satisfy all other requirements for the same examination).

For complete details and updates regarding CDS examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
14th August 2020, 04:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it compulsory to complete full B.Tech course to be eligible to appear for CDS exam?

No, there is no compulsory to pursue 4 year B.Tech course.

Candidates passed B.Tech or bachelor degree through lateral entry in any discipline are eligible to appear in the examination. It is conducted by UPSC.

Candidates pursuing in final year of bachelor degree are eligible to appear in the examination. The age limit is 20-24 years. Examination is conducted in two stages.

For more information about the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?