1st February 2016, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Which course among B.Sc, B.E. and B.Tech would be beneficial in clearing IAS exam in future?

Hi sir! i'm Aditya jain and i am in 12th this year with MATHS stream. Actually i wanted to know that which course would be more beneficial B.Sc , B.E. or ,B.Tech for clearing IAS exam in future ...?

1st February 2016, 05:09 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course among B.Sc, B.E. and B.Tech would be beneficial in clearing IAS exam in future?

BE or B.Tech courses are more appropriate to clear IAS exam.Reason behind that after completing your technical course you will get job through campus selection.After this you will be financially independent so you will have a free mind .To crack IAS exam it is very necessary you must be economically and mentally sound.
By chance ,if you do not get job after completing your technical course you can go for M.tech.In M.Tech you will get opportunity for further study in a particular subject.Hence your basic subject will be strong that will help you in IAS exam.Also in M.Tech you will get scholarship.
1st February 2016, 07:15 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course among B.Sc, B.E. and B.Tech would be beneficial in clearing IAS exam in future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi sir! i'm Aditya jain and i am in 12th this year with MATHS stream. Actually i wanted to know that which course would be more beneficial B.Sc , B.E. or ,B.Tech for clearing IAS exam in future ...?
B.Sc degree is better than others for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
1st February 2016, 07:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge, to appear in IAS examination , a candidate must have a degree from recognised University in any discipline with at least 50 percent and 45% for reserved category students.
I would like to suggest you to pursue a degree course in which you are interested and can do very well in that subject.
1st February 2016, 09:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any course in Graduation in which you are interested even if your aim is to clear IAS examination. The IAS examination is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates who have obtained Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. Since, you are pursuing 12th standard with Mathematics stream, you can opt for B.E/B.Tech course for pursuing your Graduation, so, that you are eligible to appear in IAS examination.
2nd February 2016, 12:20 AM
Mohit.Bansal

According to me you should do B.Sc that will help you to prepare for core subjects and also you have to clear all the basics so that you can clear the exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administration Service. You will become an IAS officer through UPSC Civil Services Exam.

Civil Services exam is conducted in three phases-
>> CSAT
>> MAINS
>> Interview

Eligibility Criteria-
>> Graduation from recognised college or university.
>> Age should be within 21 years to 32 years. There is also applicable relaxation in upper age as per of government rules.
2nd February 2016, 10:32 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Nice to see your interest in the Civil Services Examination. This examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year.

To appear in the IAS/IPS entrance examination you need the following criteria :

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination. :
--> Graduation degree is any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IPS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

Age Relaxation for the different categories :
--> 3 years in upper age limit for the OBC category candidates i.e the age must be between 21 to 33 years.
--> 5 years in upper age limit for the SC/ST category candidates i.e the age must be between 21 to 35 years.

So, as per above criteria you can choose any stream in the graduation as per own interest. Only pass the graduation degree is enough to appear in the Civil Services exam. For any more details and complete information regarding the upcoming Civil Services examination please visit the official website of the UPSC.
3rd February 2016, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

What is the best SAP course for an HR post graduate working in a software company with insurance background?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?