8th August 2019, 09:42 PM
Unregistered

Which course to do after Intermediate to get into Indian Defence?

After my Intermediate can I choose Defence? How it is useful to me and how many years it would take to complete the course? Is it useful for female in Air Force?

14th August 2019, 12:34 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to do after Intermediate to get into Indian Defence?

Candidates can join defence after intermediate as a soldier or as an officer.

For recruitment as a soldier or as an officer the required eligibility is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board. The age limit varies with recruitment examination.

The examination is conducted in various stages ( written, physical or SSB ) for final selection. So, go through the notification for more detail.

NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for selection as an officer.
14th August 2019, 09:31 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

At intermediate level, National Defence Academy entrance examination is conducted by UPSC for selection of candidates into different academies of Defence like Army, Navy and Air Force.

But for this examination, only unmarried male Indian citizens are eligible. Female candidates are not eligible. You can pursue 12th in science stream then bachelor's degree in science or engineering to become eligible for Combined Defence Services exam.
15th August 2019, 10:10 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NDA stands for National Defence Academy. The examination conducting authority of NDA exam is UPSC.

UPSC conducts this examination twice every year. The eligibility for NDA exam is given as below;

Academic qualification; 12th passed from a recognized board. PCM subjects necessary for Navy and Air force.

Female candidates can not apply for NDA examination. Girls who want to join Defence can apply for CDS exam after bachelor's degree to join Defence.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?