12th January 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Which course should I choose for my Graduation to be eligible for IAS?

I'm in 11th now and wish to become and IAS officer. If I take specialization in Agriculture for Graduate course will I be eligible to take the Civil Service exam for IAS recruitment in IAS? If not, then which course should I select?

15th January 2018, 10:53 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which course should I choose for my Graduation to be eligible for IAS?

You will be eligible to apply for Civil Services examination for Indian Administrative Services recruitment if you opt for specialization in agriculture at graduation level. The requirements for IAS exam:

Academic qualification: Any graduate of any stream from a recognized stream can apply for Civil Services examination.

Age criteria: 21-32 years.

Both married and unmarried candidates can apply for this exam.

There are six attempts for general, nine for OBC and no limit for SC/ST candidates.
15th January 2018, 03:23 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which course should I choose for my Graduation to be eligible for IAS?

Those who pursue bachelor's degree in agriculture are eligible for Indian Administrative Services examination. IAS examination is called Civil Services examination.

Qualification required for Civil Services examination:

~~Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

~~Age criteria is 21-32 years.

You can take Agriculture as your optional in UPSC Mains examination.
15th January 2018, 05:46 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for IAS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for IAS examination. So, I suggest you to choose any course of your interest for pursuing your higher studies even if you are interested to become an IAS officer in future.
15th January 2018, 06:35 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are eligible to apply for IAS after completing graduation in Agriculture also.
There are no any special criteria required in educational qualification.
You can go for any of the stream like-
Arts
Science
Commerce
BCA
BBA
B.Tech etc.
15th January 2018, 07:15 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear in Civil Service examination after completion of bachelor degree.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed or waiting for final year result.

There is no limitation on discipline and aggregate to appear in examination. The examination is conducted in three stages ( Preliminary, Mains and Interview ). You have to qualify in each stage of examination for final selection.

Candidates are eligible to select optional paper for Mains examination other than discipline paper also.

To get more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th January 2018, 07:48 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service examination is conducted every year for recruitment of an I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S Officer etc.

The eligibility to appear in examination is that :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit.

So, you are eligible to appear in examination after bachelor degree in agriculture. The examination is conducted in three stage.

For more detail regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?