13th March 2018, 03:43 PM
Budhisan

Which course to study after 12th with PCM to be a Software Engineering?

I am studying in class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). I want to become a Software Engineer. My question is that what should I do after class 12th to become a software engineer? Which all courses are available for it?

26th March 2018, 07:31 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to study after 12th with PCM to be a Software Engineering?

To become a Software Engineer after completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream, you have to pursue your Bachelor's degree course in Engineering/ Technology in CSE/ IT stream from a Government recognised university. Admissions in B.E/ B.Tech course are done through engineering entrance examinations like JEE, EAMCET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you have to participate in the counselling process according to your examination rank, so, that you will be offered admission in Engineering course. After completion of your Engineering course with good subject knowledge, you can apply for job opportunities related to Software Engineer in top companies.
26th March 2018, 09:09 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which course to study after 12th with PCM to be a Software Engineering?

Being a student of Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group, to become a software engineer you need to pursue B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology ) degree course in Computer Science or Information technology after completion of your Class 12th.

Further, for getting admission in top engineering colleges for pursuing B.Tech degree course you need to qualify engineering entrance examinations like JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ), State EEE/CETs, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .
26th March 2018, 09:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can become Software engineer by pursuing either of courses given below:

1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science engineering.

2. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology.

PCM candidates are eligible for engineering courses in different disciplines. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination to get admission in top level engineering colleges of India like IITs, NITs and other government engineering colleges.
27th March 2018, 11:55 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

The first thing that I want to make clear it that if you want to become any engineer, then you should have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in your Higher Secondary schooling i.e you should be from the Science stream.

As you say you are form life sciences, So at first only I doubt your applicability in the Engineering Entrance and to take up this stream. Kindly check with the above subjects that if you have studied them for 2 complete years in your Higher Secondary schooling, only then can you apply for the software or any other engineering.

After that, the next criteria is that you should have scored atleast 60% aggregate in your 12th boards to take part in the Engineering Entrance. If you do not have that much aggregate or even 59.9%, then also you won't be able to apply for any of it. So make sure after satisfying the first criteria, you also meet this one.

After that you have to apply for the Engineering Entrance like IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, WB JEE, UPTUEE, BITSAT, etc and many other with which you can take up colleges for the Engineering that you wish to study. But without entrances you won't get in any good college in India. Thus its of utmost important that you crack any of these universities.

Once you crack, then you would be going for the counselling and other formalities before you get the Software Engineering seat in any of the college.
27th March 2018, 10:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about the course to be pursued after your Class 12th with PCM subject for becoming Software engineer then for that you need to pursue Bachelor of Technology degree course in Computer Science or Information technology trade.

Further, for pursuing same degree course from top technical colleges like IIT, NIT, etc. you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CETs, or other private engineering college admission tests.
28th March 2018, 09:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that to be a software engineer you need to pursue B.Tech ( Bachelor of Technology )/ B.E. ( Bachelor of Engineering ) degree course in Computer Science or Information technology stream from a recognized university.

Also, for pursuing above mentioned degree course the minimum educational qualification required is a higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board.

Further, for pursuing same course from top government or private engineering colleges you need to qualify entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE/CETs, BITSAT, VITEEE, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?