2nd March 2018, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Which courses are available after 12th to study Psychiatrist?

Do I need to complete MBBS after my 12th to be a Psychiatrist? Or, is there any other course more directly to be only specialized in Psychiatrist? If any courses are there then please provide the details.

Related Questions:
9th March 2018, 01:21 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which courses are available after 12th to study Psychiatrist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Do I need to complete MBBS after my 12th to be a Psychiatrist? Or, is there any other course more directly to be only specialized in Psychiatrist? If any courses are there then please provide the details.
Psychiatrist is a specialization course, candidate seeking to become a psychiatrist, he/she needs to pursue the MBBS course. Candidate who have passed 10+2 from a recognzied board with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with the English are eligible to appear in the Pre Medical Test conducted on various level. The duration of the MBBS course is 4 and a half year along with the 1 year of internship.

Candidate must hold a MBBS degree from any university recognzied by the Medical Council of India. Admission is given on the basis of All India Entrance Examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?