31st December 2018, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Courses available to become an IPS Officer for 12th PCM student?

Hi friends, I am studying 12th with Science stream. I am a PCM student. My aim is to become an IPS Officer. So, I would like to know about the courses through which I can achieve my aim. Waiting for your response!

3rd January 2019, 09:53 AM
Meg24

Default Re: Courses available to become an IPS Officer for 12th PCM student?

Hello,

There is no particular course available for IPS career.

To become an IPS you need to clear the civil service exam Conducted by UPSC annually.
The eligibility criteria is that any citizen above the age of 21 with graduation degree from a recognised University can apply for the examination.

So it is totally your choice and your passion to follow the subjects you like for your IPS career
Once you complete your graduation with any stream you can apply for the exam at the age of 21.
Start reading the basic ncerts to get the concept clear.
Good luck
Jai hind
4th January 2019, 04:49 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

One have to attend and crack UPSC exam in order to become IPS officer. So the basic eligibility criteria of UPSC exam is candidates must complete graduation in any discipline from any government recognised university/college.

So, as you are a 12th PCM student right now, you have to pass class 12 with good marks and thereafter do B.Sc course. After completing of B.Sc course, you can appear in UPSC exam to achieve your goal.
4th January 2019, 09:12 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To become an IPS officer, the candidate just need to be a graduate in any discipline from recognised University hence, there is no need to pursue a specific course.
You can pursue any course which you want to pursue.
22nd July 2021, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

By taking PCM subject can l become IPS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?