15th July 2020, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

Which courses are best after 12th commerce stream without maths for preparing ias or uppsc exam?

Best graduation course for a commerce student without maths for preparing ias or uppsc exam

16th July 2020, 03:56 PM
Edu_tech

Default Re: Which courses are best after 12th commerce stream without maths for preparing ias or uppsc exam?

Well, there are many courses that you can pursue after 12 without Maths, such as:
  • Bachelor of Commerce(B. Com)
  • Bachelor of Law(LLB)
  • Bachelor of Business Administration(BBA)
  • Company Secretary(CS)
  • Accountancy program (CA)
  • Bachelor of Management Studies(BMS)
  • Bachelor of Foreign Trade
  • Graduation in Culinary arts, Hotel management, Tourism and Travels, Event management etc.

For IAS preparation, you have to focus on the subjects from which you want to be aapesr in the IAS exam. The subject should be scoring as well as of your interest.
For example, if you choose law as optional subject for appearing then you should pursue your graduation in law as that will boost your preparation. Similarly, if you opt for Accountancy, you can pursue your graduation in B.Com or CA.

UPSC/IAS consists of three stages:
  • Prelim Examination
  • Mains Examination
  • Interview/Personality Test

Prelim is a qualifying exam consists of two papers: Paper I and Paper II.
Paper I - General Studies
Paper II- Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)

Mains examination consists of two papers: Paper I and paper II.
Paper I: 2 papers(Compulsory Indian Language, English)
Paper II: 7 papers(Essay, GSI, GSII, GSIII, GSIV, Optional I, Optional II)
17th July 2020, 08:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which courses are best after 12th commerce stream without maths for preparing ias or uppsc exam?

Candidates passed bachelor degree from a recognised university are eligible to appear for the UPSC or UPPSC examination.

There is no limitation on discipline of bachelor degree to appear in the examination. So, you can pursue the bachelor degree in any stream as per your choice and interest.

Examination is conducted in three stages for the final selection. Candidates can also take the optional paper other than discipline in bachelor degree.

Candidates have to do better as well as smart work to qualify in the examination.
18th July 2020, 04:19 PM
Subhishna

Graduation in English Language And Literature/Communicative English or English Hons. course is good for an IAS/UPSC aspiring commerce student looking for a Maths free graduation subject.
18th July 2020, 09:51 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

After completing 12th with Commerce stream, you will have following options in front of you for pursuing Bachelor courses.
  • B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)
  • Bachelor of Economics
  • BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration)
  • LLB (Bachelor of Laws)
  • BA (Bachelor of Arts)

Among these courses, B.Com, Bachelor of Economics will certainly have Mathematics subject in their curriculum. So, you can pursue other courses like BBA, LLB, BA to be eligible for appearing in UPSC exam in future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?