13th May 2011, 01:26 AM
SCIALGGEOM

Criteria, age-limit and attempts allowed for UPSC exams? What is the best institute in India?

What is the criteria required for appearing for upsc examination?what is the age factor required?by taking science can we appear for it?any special qualifications required?how many competative exams we have to appear for it?how many attempts we can make?which is the best institute for upsc in india?any other courses will are having a very good position or status than this in india for which i can go for?

13th May 2011, 03:54 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria, age-limit and attempts allowed for UPSC exams? What is the best institute in India?

Hello friend,
UPSC examination is the best way to win a good position in government sector.
UPSC conducts various examination and the eligibility criteria varies as per the job.
If you are a graduate in any stream, you may apply for Civil Service Examination, Central Police Forces exam. The eligible age for civil service exam is 21-30 years and the eligible age for central police forces exam is 20-25 years.
If you want to join the Defense Forces, you may apply for Combined Defense Service Examination. This exam is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air-Force.
For Indian Army, you must hold a bachelors degree in any stream whereas, for Navy and Air-Force, you must hold a B.Sc degree or degree in engineering. The eligible age of CDS exam are as follows
IMA-19-24 years
Naval Academy- 19-22 years
Air-Force Academy- 19-23 years
OTA-19-25 years
Candidates holding a degree in engineering may also appear in Engineering Service Exam. The age limit for the exam is 21-30 years.
IFS exam is conducted for candidates holding degree in agriculture, forestry or engineering. Candidates who have studied botany, geology, mathematics, physics, statistics, zoology or animal husbandry and veterinary science in graduation program are also eligible for the exam.
Candidates who do not hold a degree but have passed the +2 level of examination, are eligible for NDA and SCRA exam.
The eligible age for NDA is 16 1/2 years-19 years and for SCRA, it is 17-21 years.
Apart from the mentioned examination, there are more exams conducted by UPSC. To know more, refer to the official website of UPSC.
16th June 2011, 11:30 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Criteria, age-limit and attempts allowed for UPSC exams? What is the best institute in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCIALGGEOM View Post
What is the criteria required for appearing for upsc examination?what is the age factor required?by taking science can we appear for it?any special qualifications required?how many competative exams we have to appear for it?how many attempts we can make?which is the best institute for upsc in india?any other courses will are having a very good position or status than this in india for which i can go for?
Information About UPSC Examination

UPSC Conducts Various examination and the eligiblity criteria are vary from exam to exam, The UPSC Conducts the exam like Civil Services examination, NDA Exam, CDS exam, SCRA Examination, Indian Forest Service (IFS) Examination and Engineering Service examination (IES).

If You are passed your Intermediate examination, then you are eligible to apply for NDA and SCRA examination and to appear in NDA examination, your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

But If you are interested to become a IAS and IPS officer, then for this you need a graduate degree from a recognised university and your age should between 21 to 30 years. Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

The General Candidates will gets only 4 chance to crack the civil services examination and 7 attempts for OBC candidates and SC, ST candidates apply for this examination Many number of times.

For all the UPSC Examination notification was published in the employment newspaper OR in the Official website of UPSC. Eligible candidates can apply for UPSC examination Online, You can also Obtained the application form from the designated post offices near by your city, But its better if you can apply for UPSC examination Online.

So, If you want to get all the details regarding UPSC Examination, then please visit the official website and check from there all the necessary information was availiable in UPSC Website. If you are Interested to prepare for UPSC examination, then these Institutes are the best, So please check these institutes -

CAREER PATH
Mukherjee Nagagr, Near Chawla Restaurant
Delhi

CIVIL SERVICE CENTRE
Deep Ganga Complex
Ashok Rajpath, Patna

NATIONAL ACADEMY FOR CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATIONS
Trivandrum, Kerala

IAS Today
219 Ground Floor,Sector-15A , Near Punjab University.
Chandigarh

Lakshya IAS Academy
21/b, om swati manor chs. j k sawant marg dadar, west,
Mumbai.

For More details Please Read the Given Notifications -
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng_2.pdf(346.2 KB, 161 views)
File Type: pdf ifs_eng.pdf(181.4 KB, 118 views)
File Type: pdf nda22011_english.pdf(119.0 KB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf scra2011_eng.pdf(101.4 KB, 144 views)
16th June 2011, 01:36 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear,
criteria is:--

candidate should pass the graduation or appearing exam

age - 21 to 30 years
5 years relaxation for sc/st
3 years for obc

attempt- 4 times general people
7 times sc/st
16th June 2011, 01:43 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

There are various exams conducted by upsc every year.
All of the exams hvae different eligibility criteria and different purposes for recruitment.

The various exams conducted by UPSC are as follows:
1) Civil Service Exams
2) Indian Forest Service exam
3) Engineering Service exam
4) Geologist examination
5) Special class railway apprentice examination
6) National Defence Academy
7) Combined Defence Service exam
8) Combined Medical Service Examination
9) Central Police forces Examination
10) Section Officers & Stenographers

All the exams conducted have different age & educational eligibility criteria.For IAS & IPS you will be required to have atleast graduation degree with you.
Also you can complete your graduation from any stream like Arts ,Science & Commerce.
You need to be of age between 21 to 30 years.

For Engineering Service exam the applicant must have a Engineering degree from any recognized institute is one of the most important criteria.

For NDA 10+2 is required with age between 16 ½ to 19 years.

For CDS you need to complete your graduation & shouls have age between 19 to 24 years.

So you can understand that different exams conducted by UPSC have diffenernt criteria related to education & age .So you can prepare for any of the exams based on your interest & qualification.

For more details I would like you to visit the website mentioned below:
www.upsc.gov.in
16th June 2011, 02:06 PM
BEST CAREER
Member+

hello friend
here i am providing you attachments in the pdf format and have full details regarding the criteria and age limit for UPSC examination :
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc exam eligibility.pdf(346.2 KB, 130 views)
16th June 2011, 04:26 PM
Sagar Keshari

my frnd who had above giv detail is the only criteria for that post. n its perfectly corect. i do agre with them
16th June 2011, 07:37 PM
frooty.scooty

UPSC conducts various exams like
IES
IPS
NDA
CDS
SCRA
CIVIL SERVICES EXAMS
and eligibility criteria varies for job to job.

But If you are interested to become a IAS and IPS officer, then for this you need a graduate degree from a recognized university and your age should between 21 to 30 years. Final Year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

If You are passed your Intermediate examination, then you are eligible to apply for NDA and SCRA examination and to appear in NDA examination, your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, Final year appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination.

The General Candidates will gets only 4 chance to crack the civil services examination and 7 attempts for OBC candidates and SC, ST candidates apply for this examination Many number of times.

For all the UPSC Examination notification was published in the employment newspaper OR in the Official website of UPSC. Eligible candidates can apply for UPSC examination Online, You can also Obtained the application form from the designated post offices near by your city, But its better if you can apply for UPSC examination Online.

To know more, refer to the official website of UPSC.
17th June 2011, 01:05 AM
kartavya99

you can every detail on www.upsc.gov.in
18th June 2011, 01:05 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
AGE-LIMIT OF UPSC EXAM:-

there are many exam under UPSC .here i am giving the age limitation of some exam.

IAS , IES ,IPS - 22year to 30year.
NDA and SCRA - 16.5year to 19year.

age relaxation for sc\st - 5 year.
age relaxation for obc - 3 year.

all the best.
30th June 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am a student of b.Tech and intrested in the upsc exams...
So for which exam i should opt,
Since i dunno know much about that....
And i hv the obc certificate of delhi region will it work for obc category....
:: ajay sehrawat
30th June 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
I am a student of b.Tech and intrested in the upsc exams...
So for which exam i should opt,
Since i dunno know much about that....
And i hv the obc certificate of delhi region will it work for obc category....
:: ajay sehrawat
20th July 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

how many attempt are allowed for giving scra exam??
20th July 2011, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

how many attempts are there for scra exam??
28th August 2011, 08:42 PM
Mannu2525

Quote:
Dear,

Criteria for appearing in UPSC Exam

Educational Eligibility : Graduation degree from any recognized university.

Age Limit
- 21 to 30 years for civil services examination and IFS examination
- Additional years are provided to SC/ST and OBC Candidates as a age relaxation.

Attempts allowed for UPSC examination : 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and no limit of attempts for SC/ST Candidates.

GOOD LUCK

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
15th November 2011, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

how much height is needed for air force
27th January 2012, 12:51 AM
Unregistered

I am 34 year old graduate army serving person. Can i eligible for IAS?
18th February 2012, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

what is the age required for upsc for sc aspirent
27th September 2012, 02:48 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

I Have mentioned all the leigibility criteria required for UPSC Exams below for your sake of Convenience :

* You must have completed your graduation from any recognized college/university.

* Your age must lie in between 21-30 years if you belong to General Category.

* There is also a relaxation in upper age of 3 years for OBC Category candidates and of 5 years for students belonging to SC/ST Category.

* You must have Indian Nationality.

* Number Of Attempts -

a) For General Category Students - 4

b) For OBC Category Students - 7

c) For SC/ST Category Students - No Limit.

Now as per your second question ,

The Best Institutes for the preparation of UPSC Exams are :

* IAS Today - Chandigarh

* National Academy For Civil Services Exams - Trivandrum

* Lakshya IAS Academy - Mumbai

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
28th September 2012, 12:32 AM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
There are many exam conducted by U.P.S.C. Please mention the name of exam so that we can tell you the eligibility.

Exam conducted by U.P.S.C are:-
> Civil Services
> National Defence Academy
> Combine Defence Services
> Combine Medical Services
> Indian Engineering Services
> Indian Economic Services
> Indian Forestry Services
> Central Police Force
etc
7th October 2012, 12:44 PM
Rajanitai

HEY...........

Candidate should pass the graduation or appearing exam
Age Limit
21 to 30 years for civil services examination and IFS examination
Additional years are provided to SC/ST and OBC Candidates as a age relaxation.
Attempts allowed for UPSC examination : 4 for GEN, 7 for OBC and no limit of attempts for SC/ST Candidates.
7th October 2012, 01:04 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

hello

Exam conducted by U.P.S.C are:-
> Civil Services
> National Defence Academy
> Combine Defence Services
> Combine Medical Services
> Indian Engineering Services
> Indian Economic Services
> Indian Forestry Services
> Central Police Force
etc
20th June 2013, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

What is the criteria for for applying upsc exams

I have just given my final year exams and looking for commerce based exams provided by upsc

Anybody know about the same do reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?