27th June 2017, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

Which degree is best between B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics?

Which degree is best between B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics? Can you please suggest me the best one to choose for? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with your valuable suggestion as am not sure about the next steps. Please answer me.

28th June 2017, 07:01 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which degree is best between B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics?

The candidates can choose the course according to the field of interest.

Both the field provide similar windows of opportunities.

If the candidate has real passion in subjects like probability and distribution, then the candidate can opt for a degree in statistics.

The candidates can take up mathematics if he likes pure mathematics.
28th June 2017, 09:47 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Scope of B.Sc in Maths
>> Operation analyst
>> Data Analyst
>> Finance analyst
>> Mathematician
>> Business analyst

Top Recruiter
** ISRO
** DRDO
** NAL

Scope after B.Sc in Statistics
>> Research officer in Indian Statistical service
>> Statistical Investigator
>> Data planning and statistical report in both public and private companies.

Top Recruiter
** Staff Service selection
** ISS
** Planning commission
28th June 2017, 10:34 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

** As per my knowledge, B.Sc. (Mathematics) is best course for your bright future.

** B.Sc. Mathematics or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics is an undergraduate Mathematics course.

** The duration of this course is three years.

EMPLOYMENT AREA

** Scientific Research Labs

** Coaching Centres

** Banking Sector

** Government Jobs

** Military

** Stock Exchanges

JOBS TYPE

** Demographer

** Economist

** Loan Officer

** Mathematician

** Researcher and Accountant

** Statistician
29th June 2017, 01:47 PM
climber
Senior Member+

Hi,
Choosing bsc maths over bsc statistics or vice versa depends on individual as both provide similar windows of opportunities.it really depends on an individual interest in a particular field of study.in case he likes subject probability and distribution he can apt for statistics.in case he likes subject pure mathematics more, he can take up mathematics.

Best of luck
29th June 2017, 03:54 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

B.Sc Maths deals with the study of pure mathematics i.e. algebra, data analysis, calculus, etc.
whereas B.Sc statistics deals with the study of Permutations, combinations, graphs, etc.

So as per your interest of study, you can opt for any one.

The scope and value for both the degrees are equal.

If you choose B.Sc Maths, you can pursue higher degree courses after completion of Graduation.
You can pursue M.Sc Maths, M.Sc IT, etc. courses and go for Academics, Technical Universities or Research.
You can also do Doctorate in Applied mathematics and get a try at Intelligence Bureau or work as Cryptanalyst.

If you choose Statistics, you can pursue M.Sc Statistics or M.Stats from Indian Institute of Statistics futher.
You can be a Business Analyst in any firm. B.Sc Statistics has more scope in Business Sectors.
Further, there are options in SSC as Statistical Investigators.
OR Prepare for UPSC's Indian Statistical Services after completing Post Graduation in Statistics.

Choose the subject based on the interest and scope.
29th June 2017, 06:53 PM
kachhadiyasharda

B.Sc (Mathematics) and B.Sc (Maths) both are the good courses and having great career opportunities. You should choose any one according to field of interest.

B.Sc (Maths)

Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with mathematics subject from a recognized board.

It focuses on subjects like Mathematics, Data Analysis, Calculus and Algebra etc. If you like these subjects and pure mathematics, then you can opt B.Sc (Mathematics).

Job Types After B.Sc (Mathematics)
- Mathematician
- Economist
- Demographer
- Statistician
- Accountant
- Research Officer

B.Sc (Statistics)

Eligibility
You must have passed (10+2) with maths or statistics subject from a recognized board.

It focuses on subjects like Probability, Combination, Distribution and Permutation etc. If you like these subjects, then you can opt B.Sc (Statistics).

Job Types After B.Sc (Statistics)
- Statistician
- Marketing Research Analyst
- Actuary Manager
- Statistics Consultant
- Investigator
- Business Analyst
- Content Writer
- Research & Marketing Manager
29th June 2017, 11:21 PM
perthc

Hi,

Both degrees B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics should not be judged by which one is better.Both has its scope and are quite significant courses.

B.Sc Maths focuses on developing mathematical skills in algebra, calculus and data analysis. It prepares you for higher studies.

whereas

B.Sc statistics focuses on probability and permutations.

==>After doing B.Sc Maths if you are good enough, you might just be picked up by political or military intelligence bodies to work as a cryptanalyst who deciphers encryptions.

==>In case of B.Sc Statistics,you can get job in the government sector as well.

Tests are being conducted almost every year.The Union Public Service Commission recruits officers to Indian Statistical Services.

The Staff Selection Commission also recruits statistical investigators under Subordinate Statistical Services across the country.
30th June 2017, 06:19 PM
KUMARANAND98

It depends upon your future AIM in your life. BSc. Maths is suitable more for u if u just want any jobs in future in your respective field. As Maths has many different individual disciplines & sub-indisciplines as compared to Statistics.
3rd July 2017, 12:45 PM
GopinKumar

Smile Re: Which degree is best between B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which degree is best between B.Sc Maths and B.Sc Statistics? Can you please suggest me the best one to choose for? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with your valuable suggestion as am not sure about the next steps. Please answer me.
Being the parental discipline, BSc in Maths will help you to find good job opportunities rather than BSc in Statistics. Because, you may can go for jobs where statistics is mandatory. You can visit the websites of the institutes like Bananas Hindu University, Lovely Professional university etc for finding the good institute and course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?