22nd May 2011, 02:34 PM
archanabd

Which degree is the best, Masters in Business Studies Integrated Course, LLB 5 years course and B.Com degree if I want to compete for IAS exam?

my daughter just done her PUC with commerce (EBACs) with high I class, she is interested in competing for IAS exams after her degree, which degree is best among the following; 1.masters in business studies integrated course, 2.LLB 5 YEARS course, 3. B.COM DEGREE

16th September 2011, 06:03 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Which degree is the best, Masters in Business Studies Integrated Course, LLB 5 years course and B.Com degree if I want to compete for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanabd View Post
my daughter just done her PUC with commerce (EBACs) with high I class, she is interested in competing for IAS exams after her degree, which degree is best among the following; 1.masters in business studies integrated course, 2.LLB 5 YEARS course, 3. B.COM DEGREE
IAS Exams : Wrong

IAS Exam or Civil Service Exam : Correct.

Civil Service exam : this is the common entrance examination for recruitment's into various civil services.

this exam is conducted by UPSC : Union Public Service Commission.

as your daughter is now at the stage of deciding a base background for any further growth in Job career. now this decision should be made very carefully.
As she is interested in clearing IAS exam after her degree. look at a degree such that .
The course will help in future preparation of IAS exam and also while serving the country as IAS officer.

according to me the second option 5 year LLB Degree seems best. because as your daughter is aged low now to appear in Civil service exam your daughter need to get atleast 21 years of age so . in that way also LLB degree. will help

and while clearing the three stage pattern of the exam in the second stage as you know your daughter has to select 2 optional if your daughters background is law there will be many subjects related to that. that will be easy to score marks and stay ahead in the competition.

after becoming IAS officer also your daughter has to solve many problems which may be civil crimnal and others if her background is law then there will be no need to concern a lawyer for every issue. she can manage her duties with ease and ace to greater heights in short span.

This is just my suggestion if she strongly wish any other course then don't restrict her. Because every degree is valid for IAS exam.

all the best for your daughter

Regards

~aditya~
28th May 2019, 09:36 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which degree is the best, Masters in Business Studies Integrated Course, LLB 5 years course and B.Com degree if I want to compete for IAS exam?

Hi sir, My name is irfana from Hyderabad but my intermediate completed and next step to degree for best preparation for IAS so tell me degree best course to help me IAS preparation b.com computer and bba
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?