2nd September 2018, 06:01 PM
ABSHIV

Details of stages under UPSC-IAS recruitment?

Hi friends, I am in my final year of BCom, studying with Economics Honours. I want to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment. But I don't know much about this recruitment. All I know is, it is tough to crack this recruitment. I just want to know about the stages under this recruitment.

7th September 2018, 12:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of stages under UPSC-IAS recruitment?

Details of stages under UPSC-IAS recruitment are mentioned below :-

--> The Selection of candidates will be done through three rounds mainly :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination and
3. Interview

You have to qualify the Preliminary examination to be eligible to attend Mains examination and you have to qualify the Mains examination to be eligible to attend the Interview round.

To be eligible to apply for UPSC IAS recruitment, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university. You should be at least 21 years and more than 32 years of age. Upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ ST candidates is applicable as per government rules to apply for UPSC-IAS recruitment.
7th September 2018, 01:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details of stages under UPSC-IAS recruitment?

The eligibility criteria for UPSC Civil Services examination:

>>Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. The minimum age limit to apply for exam is 21 years.

Stages of exam:

Preliminary exam: It is first stage of exam, candidates are selected for mains exam depending upon performance in this exam.

Mains exam is second stage.

Personal interview.

Depending upon performance in mains and interview, candidates are selected. Your rank decides Service which you will be alloted. Top rankers selected for IAS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?