9th July 2011, 02:50 AM
oVerdrive

Did Government of India put a ban against Universities offering distance and open learning in courses like M.A (Sociology) in IGNOU?

Did Government of India put a ban against Universities offering distance and open learning in courses like M.A (Sociology) esp. in IGNOU ? Someone please help me out....

9th December 2011, 03:16 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Did Government of India put a ban against Universities offering distance and open learning in courses like M.A (Sociology) in IGNOU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oVerdrive View Post
Did Government of India put a ban against Universities offering distance and open learning in courses like M.A (Sociology) esp. in IGNOU ? Someone please help me out....
Dear Friend,

You have the right news. Ministry Of Education, Government of India, had blacklisted few Institutions/Universities which were either not AICTE/AIU/UGC approved. They were prohibited to conduct training and examination for any BBA/MBA courses.

Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU) is a recognised and one of the largest University in the world. All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) vide its letter 'F No. AICTE/Academic/MOU- DEC/2005, Dated May 13, 2005', has specified that the MCA and MBA are recognised by AICTE.

In addition IGNOU Degree/Diploma/ Certificates are recognised by all the members of The Association of Indian Universities (AIU) and are at par with the Degrees/Diplomas/Certificates of All India Universities/Deemed Universities/Institutions vide Circular No. F1- 52/2000 (CPP-II) dated 5th May 2004, and AIU Circular No. EV/B (449)/94/176915-177115 dated January 14 1994.

Best of Luck
14th January 2012, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Did Government of India put a ban against Universities offering distance and open learning in courses like M.A (Sociology) in IGNOU?

I have completed my Mtech IT in 2011 from Karnataka State Open University. Let me know In which year the notice of DEC of banning KSOU for MTech given
2nd February 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

sir maine 2011 mein ba du se kiya or main is samay mpa karna chanta hun main eak army serviceman hun please mpa ke barein mein jajankari dein
30th March 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

i am asstt. professor in physical education in a govt. college since 2005. can i do phd through distance education either through or any other recognized university
13th June 2012, 10:09 AM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know that mahatma gandhi chitrakoot gramodya vishwavidyalaya is a recognised university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?