31st July 2011, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

Difference between MBA and MCA?

difrence between MCS and MBA.please reply me. thank you. I will be grateful to you.

1st August 2011, 09:07 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Default Re: Difference between MBA and MCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
difrence between MCS and MBA.please reply me. thank you. I will be grateful to you.
Difference Between MBA and MCA Course.

MBA and MCA are basically two different course of the different field. You can choose any one course according to your interest to make a brightness career. Both courses are good and equivalent to the post graduate level degree. Here i give you the details information regarding MBA and MCA course.

MBA :- MBA is the master of Business administrative. It is duration of two years. After completing graduation in any stream you can take admission in the MBA course. This course is related to the business management. If you are interested in the business field then you can join this course after graduation.

MCA :- MCA is the Master of Computer Application. It is a master degree program in the field of the computer science. MCA course is related to the computer course. If you are interested in the computer field then after completing graduation MCA is the best option for you.

This is the main difference between the MBA and MCA course. You can choose any one course according to your interest. I advise you to choose any course by own interest not by another interest. Now totally depend on you in which field you are more interested.

Regards
~Mukul~
1st August 2011, 09:27 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
MBA- Master in Business adminstration
MBA is a management course,
For this you eligible for manage a company.
different catagory of MBA course is:-
Finance
HR
IT
Marketng
Public management

top MBA colleges are:-

*IIM,Delhi
*IIM,Allhabad
*Xavier institute,bhubaneswar

MCA:-Master in Computer Application

this course is related to Computer. but
this is completly many opportunity
like various software industry are there
for join job.

Top MCA college:-

*Utkal university,orissa
*Kiit college
*Berhampur university...........
1st August 2011, 09:34 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

MBA and MCA both are the different thing one is showing the management side and another is showing the computer side.

The difference between MBA and MCA are given here

MBA:
1. MBA is a 2 year degree program
2. this is specially for the management study
3. you can get success more if you have done BBA in your graduation degree or any other degree
4. the admission in MBA is through the entrance exam

MCA:
1. MCA is a 3 year degree program
2. this is specially for the computer study
3. You can get success more if you have done BCA in your graduation degree or any other degree with math as a main subject in 12th and graduation
4. the admission in MCA is through the entrance exam
1st August 2011, 10:05 PM
Sehwag6

Difference between mba and mca:-
mba:-
**master in business administration
**2year course
**first finished graduation and then apply entrance exams
mca:-
**master in computer application
**3year course
**first finished graduation and then apply entrance exams
####################all the best#########
1st August 2011, 11:59 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
MBA is masters of buisness administration you can say it management. a management that can handled the situation very easily according to what is going onto the market.it is related to buisness purposes.
and MCA imparts for masters of computer application it is likely related to cpmputer application and programming languages and all other things related to the computers.

so theses both things are different and not likely to interlimk with each other.
one related to management and other related to computer applications
2nd August 2011, 12:10 AM
arvind_singh
Banned

MBA:: Its a 1 or 2 years course for those candidates who like to interact with people and want to work in business sector.This course is related to the business management.You can opt for this course after completing your graduation in any streams .For taking admission in good colleges you have to take exams like CAT,XAT,MAT.

You can pursue this course in any streams like;
Human resource
Marketing
Finance management
Hospital management
Tourism

depending upon your area of interest

MCA ::Its a three year course and you should have maths in class 12th as a compulsory subjects required for pursuing the MCA program.Its for those students who have interests in the programming field or in the software development field

The top level IT companies and consultancy firms like TCS, Wipro, IBM, Oracle etc offers great job opportunities to a candidate with an MCA degree.you have opportunity to work in these area

Sr. Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer
Software Engineer
Software Engineer / Developer / Programmer
Software Developer, Web Applications
2nd August 2011, 12:40 AM
suchiii

MBA and MCA both are different strems.

MBA master of business application that is there is a study of bussiness.

MCA master of computer aducation- duration of MCA is 3 year in which there is a study of computer Science.

if You are interested in making career in computers than You can do MCA .
2nd August 2011, 01:57 AM
vikas2808

MCA vs MBA

MCA vs MBA means Technical vs Management if you are planning for a technical side we would recommend for MCA, and if you are planning for managing side the best option would be MBA, and MBA is always paid more. MCA is good if you want to go in IT field and MBA is good one if you want to go for management. MBA & MCA both are good degrees. MBA is totally for business & administration oriented.. But MCA is system oriented. MCA is better if information technology jobs / software jobs are considered. Both have equivalent values in different fields.
2nd August 2011, 07:56 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Difference between MBA and MCA?

Quote:
Difference between MBA and MCA?

Both these fields are totally different .There is only one similarity between these two and that is -both are master courses.

(1)MBA(Mater of Business Administration)-

As the name suggest this course is totally for business administration. It will teach you about management.The most suites students for this purpose are B.Com students but there is no any restriction .Anyone(with graduation degree) can apply for this .The best exam for getting entry into the top colleges of M.B.A are CAT,MAT .

(2) BCA(Bachelor in computer Application)-

As the name suggest this course is totally dedicated to computer science student.In this course you will learn about software and hardware fields .But now a days this course is not well suited as you will have to complete M.C.A after BCA to get job with good salary.

Just choose subject on the basis of your interest.

With Regards
ravik1214
2nd August 2011, 08:06 AM
Harshita21

Quote:
MBA means master of Business Administration :
It is the word that attracts corporate people it starts from marketing to administrating.
It is most common trend today along with B.Tech

Full Time MBA is of two years & regular classes

Part time MBA is of three years & classes on weekend

Specialization of MBA are : Industrial, IT, HR, Marketing, Finance etc

MCA means master of computer application :
It is a three year post graduate course .
It composed of application software , computer hardware and system software.
Some companies considered MCA equal to B.Tech.
2nd August 2011, 09:55 AM
sanjeev26

Quote:
The basic difference b/w these two are the fields MBA is basically Master in business administration where MCA is master in Computer administration.

MBA is the Business management course where MCA is a computer related work by MBA you can get the Job as managerial level where MCA provide scope in software companies.
2nd August 2011, 11:34 AM
saurav9889

friend mba stands for master of business administration and it is a degree u should consider if u weant to do managerial or marketing jobs in corporate sector on the other hand mca stands for master of computer applications and its a technical degree that u should consider if u want to join the computer industry or it sector.
2nd August 2011, 01:48 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
M.B.A i.e Master of Business Administration.It is a two years post graduate degree.If want to get admission in M.B.A then the candidate need to complete the graduation from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.The course is related to business management and you can appear various entrance exams like CAT,MAT.

M.C.A i.e Master of Computer Application.It is a three year post graduate degree.If want to get admission in M.C.A then the candidate need to complete the graduation from any recognized university or equivalent qualification and the candidate must secure at least 60% marks in their examination.The course is related the computer applications and software field.
2nd August 2011, 03:21 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

MBA and MCA both are post graduation courses.

The basic differences between these two courses are:

1. Objectives:
MBA is Masters in Business Administration, while MCA is Masters in Computer Application.
MBA are for those who are interested in Business and management and corporate world, whereas MCA are for those who are interested in Software industry and programming.

2. Duration:
MBA is a 2 years post graduation course and MCA is a 3 years post graduation course.

3. Eligibility:
For MBA, anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field from a recognized university is eligible for MBA.

For MCA, Any graduate who has passed or appearing for the final year degree examination in any discipline (Science, Commerce, Arts, Engineering or any approved University) is eligible to apply.
But candidates must have mathematics as a subject in their 10+2 course or any one year of graduation

4. Employment areas:
For MBA,
Business Consultancies, Brand & Marketing, Non-profit Organizations, Personal Business, Export Companies, Financial Organizations, Industrial Houses, Multinational Companies etc....

For MCA,
Computers and Related Electronic Equipment Manufacturers, Database Management, E-Commerce, Networking, Embedded Technologies, Design Support And Data Communications, System Maintenance, Security and Surveillance Companies, Software Development Companies etc etc....

So Both the courses are equally demanding, salaries will also be same but one has to go with his interest....
2nd August 2011, 03:46 PM
SonalSinghal

Quote:
Both the degrees MCA nad MBA re good for you. Now , its up to your own interest and aptitude in which field you want to get into. If you are more inclined to get in to technical job, go for MCA. if you want to get into managerial posts, MBA is a better option. There are various good colleges and universities that provides these degrees in different specialization which also you can choose as per your interest. Even MBA in core subjects is also hot favourite among students. So, if you also want to pursue this, you can consider UPES Dehradun. First of its kind, UPES is reputed for its experienced faculty, unique courses and very good placements. from some reliable sources, i got to know this year too students has secured an average
2nd August 2011, 04:14 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

MCA

MCA is a post graduation course.
How to apply for MCA..?
MCA is a three year course and you can do it as regular course or distance learning course.

Specializations available in MCA
Application Software
Development
Engineering
Hardware Technology
Internet
Software Development Networking
System Management

Eligibility Criteria
Students who have done their BCA, BBA or B.Tech can apply for the MCA course.
Students who have finished their graduation in science can also apply.
These students must have studied Mathematics as a subject in class 10+2. There is no age limit regarding the admission to this course.

Students who would like to join the MCA course must have a pass in graduation with more than 60 percent marks. They need to write an entrance exam as to get admission into the MCA course.

MBA
The Master of Business Administration is a master's degree in business administration.
A graduate from any field is eligible for MBA, but should have atleast 50% in graduation for admission in a good B-school.

MBA streams:

Banking
Finance
HR
Marketing
Retail Management

There are some other eligiblities which vary from one to other institutes.

YOu can apply for following entrance exams:
Name of MBA-PGDM Entrance Test

CAT (Common Admission Test)
PG Programs at IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, IIMI, IIMK, IIML, IIMS, IIMR, MDI, IMT, SP Jain, IMI, TAPMI, NIRMA, FORE, and other 100 Bschools
http://www.catiim.in

Management Aptitude Test [MAT]
MBA Entrance Test for over 380 MBA Colleges in India
http://www.aima-ind.org/manag ement_aptitude_test.aspx

XAT Test
PG Programs at XLRI, SPJIMR, XIMB, GIM Goa, LIBA and other 60 other BSchools
http://www.xlri.edu/xat_instructi ons.php

FMS, Delhi
MBA at FMS, Delhi University
http://www.fms.edu

Joint Management Entrance Test [JMET]
- MBA at the IITs in India
http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in
2nd August 2011, 04:54 PM
ssredhu
Member+

MCA is a master degree in computer application. If you want to make a career in information technology as a software programmer, you must do MCA. It is beneficially for you.

MBA is a professional degree in Master in Business Administration .
The course structure of MCA includes all the subjects which are related to IT only..But MBA course structure includes all the management subjects in the first year & in the second year you'll be doing specialization in IT..After doing MCA, you'll be joining any company where you'll be doing programming..but after doing MBA you'll be joining any company where you'll be the team leader/manager of IT people.
2nd August 2011, 06:40 PM
jallipalli.ananth

My dear friend good question,MBA-master of business management.
MCA-MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS.

Both are good branches in pg you can choose any branch .You enter into this you have to write entrance called ICET.

If you are want join into business schools we have to write CAT exam.

If you want yo join into international business schools you have to write G -mat exam.

all the best my dear friend
2nd August 2011, 06:42 PM
aroy8091

MBA is the master of Business administrative. It is duration of two years. After completing graduation in any stream(if you interested in only business then BBA) you can take admission in the MBA course where as MCA is the Master of Computer Application. It is a master degree program in the field of the computer science. Similar here and if computer particular then graduate in BCA.
3rd August 2011, 02:02 AM
btcs11

MBA MCA both are post graduation programme with the course durtion of 2years and 3years respectively
MCA- Masters in computer application
it is technical course if you want to do a technical course you can go for MCA
it is good if you want to go in IT field
after completion you can try for jobs in top MNCs in software industry and become a software developer

MBA-Masters in Business administration
it is course for management if you are trying for managing side do MBA it is paid more too
it is good to go into management field as it is totally for business and administration
after completing MBA you can get high salary jobs in many companies according to your MBA stream

Gud Luck
3rd August 2011, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

Well MCA will take you into some technical field but with MBA you will be expertise in management field. In my view you should go for MBA as this will be of great help in the near future in terms of job opportunities. Also I'll name you a place which is a sure to be a right place for MBA as you career. It's UTM , Shillong based university.
13th May 2012, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

LIST OF MCA COLLAGE IN MUMBAI & FEES
13th May 2012, 04:49 PM
Bhargav.student

MBA and MCA are totally different courses . one deals with the business administration and the other with computers .
MBA - Master of Business Administration
MCA - Master of Computer Applications .
Both are PG level courses and of 2 years duration .
You can choose anyone based on your area of interest .
All the best .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?