5th November 2017, 03:22 PM
iankitbhatia

Difference between NIOS 12th syllabus and 12th CBSE syllabus?

Sir/Mam, I want to know that NIOS 12th syllabus is different from that of 12th CBSE syllabus. And it is difficult or not? Can you please give me the details on what is the difference between them? I need to take a call soon on selecting one soon.

6th November 2017, 08:33 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Default Re: Difference between NIOS 12th syllabus and 12th CBSE syllabus?

NIOS is an open schooling board . NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling. In NIOS board there is no need to attend regular classes. You have to go for giving exams only.

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education. The syllabus of CBSE is very helpful for future entrance exams.
CBSE has good pattern for providing marks in Board exams.

Both the NIOS and CBSE boards has easy and simple syllabus.
6th November 2017, 09:11 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

There is no such broad difference between CBSE and NIOS syllabus. However, there is a difference in their examination scheme.
  • In CBSE, you will have to appear for Board exams as stated in the schedule. But in NIOS, you can schedule your dates according to your convenience. NIOS provides 'on-demand examination' facility.
  • In CBSE, you can appear for Board Exam either as a private candidate or as a regular candidate. But in NIOS, you will have to appear as a Private candidate only.
18th May 2022, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

I'm opting my 12 from NIOS board so can i study from NCERT books only
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?