11th February 2019, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to qualify the NEET exam for admission in B.Sc Agriculture in government colleges?

Do I need to qualify the NEET exam to join the courses like B.Sc Agriculture in government colleges or, does it requires a direct admission? If NEET is required than can you share the syllabus and exam pattern details for B.Sc Agriculture based NEET?

13th February 2019, 01:09 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to qualify the NEET exam for admission in B.Sc Agriculture in government colleges?

B.Sc Agriculture is four year course. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that candidate must have passed 12th in PCM or PCB as recognised board.

The entrance examination is conducted by various institutes for admission in the course.

So, you will have to appear and qualify in the entrance examination to get admission in the course.

Admission is not conducted on the basis of marks in the NEET. ICAR and various other institutes conducts entrance examination for admission in the course.
13th February 2019, 08:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to qualify the NEET exam for admission in B.Sc Agriculture in government colleges?

No, NEET score is not mandatory for admission in B.Sc in Agriculture course. There are some colleges which take admission based on NEET score. Indian Council of Agriculture Research conducts All India Entrance Exam for Admission for admission in B.Sc in Agriculture course.

Candidates who have done 12th with PCM/PCB subject group with minimum of 50% marks can apply for the exam. You can get admission in government agriculture based on rank in AIEEA exam.
13th February 2019, 11:57 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NEET refers to National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is a national level examination held for offering admission in undergraduate medical degree courses such as MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS, etc. in any medical college across India.

So, as you are concerned about the necessity to qualify NEET for pursuing B.Sc in Agriculture degree course from government college then it is not required at all rather for getting admission in B.Sc Agriculture degree course in government agriculture colleges, you need to qualify entrance examinations such as State CETs, AIEEA UG, BHU UET, CUCET, etc..
14th February 2019, 10:01 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in government colleges in B.Sc Agriculture course, you have to appear and qualify in examination conducted by ICAR or various state government.

So, you are not eligible to get admission on the basis of rank in the NEET.

The eligibility to appear for B.Sc Agriculture course is that :-

Candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate must have passed 12th in PCM or PCB as main paper.

The minimum required aggregate varies with examination.

So, you need to visit the official website to get detail about the syllabus and other information related to admission procedure.
15th February 2019, 01:18 PM
Umapattapu
Junior Member+

**NEET exam is for medical science. It is mainly for MBBS & BDS . ... Many university fill seat of Agriculture science by conducting exam or on the bases of % of intermediate . You can do BSc from agriculture
**No NEET examination is not necessary for B.Sc Agriculture rather NEET ( which is known as AIPMT at present ) was necessary for medical courses like MBBS, BDS etc. . You must have a higher secondary school degree with PCM or PCB as the main subjects with at least 50% aggregate from a recognized university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?