27th January 2018, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

Do I need to score good marks in Chemistry also along with other Science subjects in boards to become a pilot?

I am currently in class 11th. My Chemistry is weak. So to become a Pilot, do I need to score good marks in Chemistry just like other subjects Physics, Maths and English? Which subject is of more importance?

31st January 2018, 09:59 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to score good marks in Chemistry also along with other Science subjects in boards to become a pilot?

If you are weak in Chemistry the only option for you is to give major time to chemistry but do not leave the Physics, and Mathematics behind.

To become pilot the required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as main paper. Candidates need to have minimum 50% in PCM.

You need to take a pilot training course before the final recruitment. The duration varies with the training course.
1st February 2018, 12:18 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do I need to score good marks in Chemistry also along with other Science subjects in boards to become a pilot?

For becoming Pilot, Physics and Mathematics is the most important.

Chemistry is just to fulfill your eligibility criteria for applying Pilot post.

So, even if you score low marks in Chemistry, you will be eligible for applying Pilot post.

In 12th standard, you can apply for Air Force wing of NDA.

Alternatively, in the final year of graduation you can apply for AFCAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?