20th September 2019, 05:43 PM
Unregistered

Do Indian engineering colleges allow to change engineering branch in the middle of course?

Currently, I have completed my 1st semester of B.Tech with Mechanical Engineering. I am thinking to change my stream. So, is it possible to change from Mechanical to Automobile branch in the 2nd semester and continue with Automobile branch only?

30th September 2019, 04:00 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do Indian engineering colleges allow to change engineering branch in the middle of course?

Yes, you can change engineering branch while pursuing engineering course but before starting of 2nd year only.

Since, you wish to switch from Mechanical to Automobile branch of engineering, so you can apply for this change at the end of 2nd semester.

At the end of 1st year (i.e. 2nd semester), your branch will be changed to Automobile if it is approved by higher authorities.

Make sure you don't have any active backlogs in 1st year, otherwise your request will not be approved.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?