28th July 2017, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Do we need to start the preparation for CA CPT exam from 11th standard itself?

Hello, I am Kusum now I have passed SSC exam and I had stepped in commerce stream but I didn't from which standard should I start preparing for CA CPT exam and when and how should I register the form of CPT exam, It will be my pleasure if u guide me. I hope u will understand what I am finding for. You can send me your answer by messaging soon.

31st July 2017, 07:38 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do we need to start the preparation for CA CPT exam from 11th standard itself?

Yes, you can start your preparation for Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency test from 11th standard itself. Early you begin your preparation better is chance to crack the exam in first attempt. Common Proficiency Test consists of questions from following subjects like:

>>Fundamentals of Accountancy.

>>Economics.

>>Mercantile law.

>>Quantitative aptitude.

Candidates after tenth standard can register for CA CPT exam but can appear only after 10+2 board exams. You can register for exam at official website of ICAI.
31st July 2017, 05:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Do we need to start the preparation for CA CPT exam from 11th standard itself?

The full form of CA CPT is Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency test.

Academic qualification for this course: Senior Secondary passed or appearing for board exams of 12th.

All streams candidates can appear but more preferable for commerce stream candidates.

You can start your preparation for this right from standard 11th. After tenth standard, you can register for this exam at www.icai.org.
31st July 2017, 06:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to start preparation for CA CPT examination from your 11th standard. You can prepare for CA CPT examination while pursuing your 12th standard or by taking CA CPT coaching after completion of your 12th standard. CA CPT is an entrance examination which is conducted by ICAI for offering admission in CA course. So, you can start preparing for CPT examination from your 12th standard.
31st July 2017, 07:23 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CA CPT is Chartered Accountancy Common Proficiency Test.

The subjects from which questions are asked in CPT exam are:

1. Accountancy.

2. Economics.

3. Mercantile Law.

Commerce stream candidates can study these subjects from standard 11th. You can register after 10th standard. Form for CPT will be filled up after 12th board exams.
31st July 2017, 09:41 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

You need to start your preparation for Common Proficiency Test from 11th standard. The registration for CPT exam is done after 10th but application form can be submitted only after board exams of 12th.

Registration for CA CPT exam can be done at www.icai.org. Commerce stream candidates need to focus on subjects like accountancy, economics and mercantile law.
31st July 2017, 10:06 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You must start your preparation for Common Proficiency Test if you are aspiring to become Chartered Accountant in coming future. .

Registration for CPT exam can be done at http://www.icai.org/.

You will be eligible to apply for CPT exam in year you appear for board exam of 12th.
1st August 2017, 12:22 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You defintely need to prepare for CA CPT exam right from 11th standard because:

There is objective questions in CPT exam from Accountancy fundamentals which is taught in 11th standard. Basic economics of 11th and 12th is also asked.

You should register for ICAI CPT at its website.
25th December 2017, 01:08 PM
randhirk.rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I am Kusum now I have passed SSC exam and I had stepped in commerce stream but I didn't from which standard should I start preparing for CA CPT exam and when and how should I register the form of CPT exam, It will be my pleasure if u guide me. I hope u will understand what I am finding for. You can send me your answer by messaging soon.
Since you have passed 10thclass you can apply for the Common Proficiency Course (CPC) first.

So enrol for CPC course and your preparation for CPT starts.

After passing class 12th , a student has to take admission in the CPT of CA course.
CPT exams are held twice each year

After you pass CPT stage you take admission in IPCC.Graduates/Post Graduates of commerce with minimum 55% marks can directly take admission in IPCC stage and other graduates with 60% marks can take admission in IPCC stage
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?