4th July 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

Does food technology comes under agriculture B.Tech? Is it a good course to take up?

Does food technology comes under agriculture B.Tech or separate from it? Will it be better than others? Can you please suggest me if it's a good course to take up next? Will be really helpful if you can guide me with the details soon. Thank you!

15th August 2017, 02:42 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does food technology comes under agriculture B.Tech? Is it a good course to take up?

Food Technology is offered in several courses, for instance there are several course in the name of Food Technology. i.e., B.Sc in Food Science, B.Tech/ B.E in Food Technology..etc.,although they are offered about same stream.

Hence there is a course called B.E/ B.Tech in Food Technology which does not come under Agriculture as far as my best knowledge is concerned.

Food Technology is generally a branch of Food Science that basically dealt with Food Preservation, Pasteurization, Processing of milk products..etc.,

Yes, there is a good scope for candidates from this Food Technology background in order to find better career opportunities after completion of studies. There are many colleges offering this course and you may find employment opportunities food based organizations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?