28th March 2019, 05:21 PM
Unregistered

Does Indian Railway accept graduation from distance mode or open universities?

Sir, I am John I would like to do open degree course that is graduation from distance mode or open universities because I am financially not well. But, I don't know properly whether degree from distance university or open universities will be accepted for applying jobs in Indian Railways or not. Can you update me on this?

31st March 2019, 10:48 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Indian Railway accept graduation from distance mode or open universities?

The distance offered by a recognised university is valid to appear for various job recruitment examination.

Candidates after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for final selection.

The other criteria such as age limit, discipline in graduation etc, varies with examination.
31st March 2019, 01:23 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Does Indian Railway accept graduation from distance mode or open universities?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the Indian Railway recruitment examination after bachelor degree from distance course.

The age criteria varies with examination. Entrance examination is conducted in various stages.

So, you need to focus on the preparation for the examination to get the recruitment in job.

For more information visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
31st March 2019, 07:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Degree from a recognised open university is valid to appear for the entrance examination to get recruitment in Indian Railway.

So, if you have the required qualification then you are eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in the examination will become eligible for final selection.

Examination for the RRB is conducted by RRB.
31st March 2019, 08:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have done bachelor's degree in distance mode or open university can apply for Railway Recruitment Board exams. Your university must be approved by University Grants Commission.

RRB exam conducts exam for JE, Clerk, TTE etc.

Graduates can apply for these exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?