27th February 2019, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in CTET for an OBC candidate with 45% in 12th?

Sir, I have secured 45% marks in 12th Board exam and I belongs to an OBC category. I want to appear in CTET. So, I just want to know about the eligibility criteria for me to appear in this TET. Waiting for your response!

28th February 2019, 11:16 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CTET for an OBC candidate with 45% in 12th?

Being a Class 12th passed OBC candidate with 45% marks, you are eligible to apply for CTET (Central Teacher Eligibility Test) Paper I held by CBSE if you also hold a teacher training degree course such as D.ED/D.El.Ed or equivalent from a recognised institute as a teacher training programme is compulsory with regular degree course to be eligible for appearing in CTET Paper I or Paper II (In case of paper II, B.Ed or equivalent is compulsory) .

For more details regarding the eligibility conditions of CTET, you can refer to the official link of CTET i.e; www.ctet.nic.in.
28th February 2019, 02:55 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in CTET for an OBC candidate with 45% in 12th?

To appear in CTET it is mandatory to have B.Ed or Diploma in Education qualification.

So, you have to purse the required course then you will become eligible to appear for the examination and after qualifying in the examination, you will become eligible for final selection.

The examination in conducted by NTA. For more information visit at www.ctet.nic.in.
28th February 2019, 05:36 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to appear for CTET but only if you have D.Ed or B.Ed qualification.

There is relaxation for reserved category to appear in the examination.

So, if you do not have D.Ed qualification then you are eligible to appear for the examination.

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted by NTA.
28th February 2019, 09:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted by CBSE for admission in the course.

The common eligibility to get admission in the course is that candidate must have passed 12th with minimum 50% aggregate but there is 5% relaxation for OBC.

So, you are eligible to appear for the examination if you have D.Ed or B.Ed qualification.
28th February 2019, 09:19 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of CTET is Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

1. The minimum academic qualification required to apply for CTET exam is 12th passed and Diploma in Education.

If you have done diploma in Education, then you can apply for CTET exam. Percent wise, you are eligible for CTET exam.
28th February 2019, 09:30 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

The eligibility criteria to apply Central Teacher Eligibility Test for 12th standard:

~~You can apply for CTET examination after securing 45% marks in 12th board exam.

~~Diploma in Education is necessary for CTET examination.

Those who meet above criteria can apply for CTET exam.
28th February 2019, 10:16 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym CTET stands for Central Teacher Eligibility Test.

Academic qualification: 12th passed from a recognized board with Diploma in Education.

Minimum of 45% for OBC candidates.

You can apply if you have done D.Ed course.
26th January 2021, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

I secure 48%mark in 12th .can I eligible for ctet ND KVS (under obc category)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?