21st June 2018, 03:33 AM
Vipul BHardwal

Eligibility to appear in IPS exam for Diploma holder who didn't studies 12th?

Hello, I have completed my Diploma Engineering course. Now, I am going to enroll for BTech course. But I haven't studied 12th. I have done Diploma on 10th basis. I want to know that I am eligible for IPS exam or not?

23rd June 2018, 07:27 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IPS exam for Diploma holder who didn't studies 12th?

I.P.S stands for Indian Police Service. To become an I.P.S Officer you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service Examination.

The examination is conducted every year. The eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidates pursuing in final year of bachelor degree can also apply for examination.

So, you can apply for examination in the final year or after B.Tech course. For detail information regarding examination pattern visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
23rd June 2018, 09:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in IPS exam for Diploma holder who didn't studies 12th?

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination after completion of your B.Tech course being a Diploma holder. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IPS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IPS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
24th June 2018, 12:52 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will become eligible to appear in Civil Service Examination after completion of B.Tech course.

The examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all stages of examination for final selection.

Candidates passed diploma after 10th but have bachelor degree qualification are eligible.

The examination is conducted in three stages and have to qualify in all stages for final selection.

For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th June 2018, 06:28 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

=> For this examination candidate must have passed graduation from a recognized board.

=> The age of candidate should be in between 21 to 30 years.

=> Five years age relaxation is given to Sc category candidate and 3 years to OBC category candidate.

=> As per my knowledge, you are not eligible to appear in Indian Police Service examination after completing diploma course but you are eligible for this examination after B.Tech course.
26th June 2018, 11:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination held by UPSC.

Further, the minimum education required to appear in the Civil Services examination is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So, being a diploma degree holder you are not eligible for appearing the Civil service examination at this stage as diploma degree is equivalent to higher secondary school degree but once you complete your graduation degree course you will be certainly eligible to appear in the same examination ( provided you satisfy the other eligibility conditions ).

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?