31st March 2019, 09:18 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET for MA postgraduate of an Open University?

Sir/Madam, I have completed my MA from an Open University and secured 55% marks in it. I want to apply for UGC-NET. I would like to know about my eligibility criteria for applying in this UGC-NET. Thank you!

5th April 2019, 10:27 AM
Pagal ho kya
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to apply for UGC-NET for MA postgraduate of an Open University?

The minimum education required to apply for UGC NET is a master's degree in concerned subject with at least 55% marks (or 50% marks in case of candidates from SC/ST and PWD category) from a recognised university.

So, having completed your Master's degree in Arts stream with 55% marks even from a open university, you are eligible to apply for UGC NET if your university is approved for offering distance education courses.

For more details regarding UGC NET, you can visit its official website www.ntanet.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?