14th October 2018, 09:58 AM
sunnymaurya

Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 58.8% in 12th Bihar Board Compartmental exam?

Hi everyone, I would like to know that am I eligible to become an IAS Officer after passing 12th Compartmental exam from Bihar Board with 58.8%? Please let me know about this as soon as possible. Waiting for your response!

19th October 2018, 09:28 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 58.8% in 12th Bihar Board Compartmental exam?

No, you will not be eligible for IAS Officer exam after passing 12th standard only.

To be eligible for IAS Officer exam (formally called Civil Services Exam), you must do graduation in any field (like B.Sc., BCA, B.Com, B.Tech, etc.)

As you have passed 12th now, so you must complete graduation to be eligible for IAS Officer exam.

However, you can also apply for IAS Officer exam when you are in final year of your graduation course.
21st October 2018, 06:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to become an IAS Officer for a candidate with 58.8% in 12th Bihar Board Compartmental exam?

IAS refers to Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held by UPSC once every year.

Further, the minimum education required for appearing in the Civil Services examination is a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Marks and stream opted at any academic level does not matter in the case of eligibility for appearing in the Civil Services examination.

So, even after completion of your Class 12th board examination through the Compartmental examination with 58.5% marks, you will be eligible for becoming an IAS officer after completion of your bachelor's degree from a recognized university provided you satisfy the other eligibility conditions too.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd October 2018, 01:20 PM
bhanu4444

No,you are not eligible to become an IAS officer,you have to pass minimum Graduation,

Every year UPSC gives the vacancies to be filled through the civil service exam - these are distributed between genral, obc, sc, and st categories, in 2017 - total 1236 vacancies with 590 general, 354 obc, 194 sc, and 98 st. These vacancies are further distributed across the IAS, IPS, IFS, and other services. In 2014 there were a total of 180 (out of the 1236) IAS seats with 90 in general, 51 in OBC, 26 in SC and 13 in ST.

For further information-click here
3rd September 2022, 01:01 PM
saranigs1

Thumbs up R Programming Training in Chennai

In the R programming course in Chennai offered by IntelliMindz, you will learn how to write efficient coding in R programming and how to use R programming. By the completion of R programming Training in Chennai, you will become familiar with basic key concepts such as data mining, array calculations, data analysis techniques, loops, data manipulation, data visualization, data handling using statistical analysis, and graphical representation using R with real-time practice in live projects.R programming is an open-source programming language and it is widely used for data analysis. It was developed by Robert Gentleman and Ross haiku. R programs generally come with a command-line interface. It is used in platforms like Linux, Windows, and macOS. R programming language is an advanced cutting edge tool. It combines scoping semantics inspired by Scheme. Enroll in our R programming Course in Chennai to explore more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?