23rd January 2018, 02:26 AM

Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor? Am I eligible after having Post Graduate as well as PhD?

I am a First Class Science Graduate and Post Graduate. I have dome my P.G. in Biotechnology and PhD in Botany. Further, I was Post Doctoral fellow (Dr. D.S.Kothari PDF, U.G.C. YEAR 2012 ). I completed PhD in 2007. In which department I am eligible as an Assistant Professor? Either in Botany or in Biotechnology or in Zoology?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?
  2. Criteria for blind to be an English Assistant Professor in NIT?
  3. Eligibility for Assistant Professor job in government degree colleges?
  4. Assistant Professor qualification issue with the university
  5. PhD through distance mode is accepted for the post of Associate/Assistant Professor or not?
  6. Can I study PhD in IIT after completion of M.Tech Civil from KSOU? Eligibility to become an Assistant Professor in any Engineering College?
  7. Is PhD Degree necessary to become an Assistant Professor? -- [New]
  8. Is it necessary to study M.Phil for becoming a Lecturer in a Government college?
  9. What is the eligibility criteria required for appointment in the post of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor and Professor in the department of Fine Arts and Music at Vishva Bharati University?
  10. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in degree colleges? I have submitted PhD
  11. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  12. MCA holder is eligible for the post of assistant professor in B.Sc Computer Science?
  13. Qualification required for being Assistant Professor?
  14. Age limit to apply for Assistant Professor post in UGC recognized universities? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Eligibility to get admission in PhD after M.Sc Statics at Chennai Mathematical Institute? Specialization available for PhD?
  16. Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor in mathematics
  17. Am I eligible to become a Principle or Assistant Professor in a College of Tamil Nadu after completing B.Sc (Zoology), MA (English), MPhil (Edu), PhD (Edu)?
  18. What is the eligibility for assistant professor in ECE department
24th January 2018, 09:34 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for Assistant Professor? Am I eligible after having Post Graduate as well as PhD?

First thing I would like to let you know that to be an assistant professor in any recognized university you need to qualify either NET/SET(National Eligibility Test/State Eligibility Test ).

Further for appearing in these examinations you need to have completed your post graduation degree with at least 55% marks ( or 50% in case of SC/ST or PH category candidates ) from a recognized university.

So being a post graduate degree holder and interested in your recruitment as an assistant professor you need to first qualify NET/SET and for the same you are eligible only if you have completed your post graduate degree with at least 55% marks ( or 50% in case you belong to SC/ST and PH category ).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?