31st December 2018, 07:46 PM
Angamitra Dutta

Eligibility criteria for OBC candidates to pursue PhD in English?

Am I eligible being an OBC caste with NCL to do PhD in English after MA with 54% score? If yes, then in which subject or area can I do my research work for PhD apart from English?

4th January 2019, 04:40 AM
shantanu bose
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for OBC candidates to pursue PhD in English?

According to IGNOU, Doctor of Philosophy in English (PhD in English) Eligibility:

A Post-Graduate Degree in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 55% marks (fifty percent marks for SC/ST/PH candidates) or an equivalent grade from a university or a recognised institution of higher learning.

This eligibility criteria vary university to university. And in most of the universities , the minimum percentage need in Post Graduation is above 55% for General and OBC candidates.

So, I can't confirm that you can get admission in PhD in English course in a good University.
5th January 2019, 12:23 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for OBC candidates to pursue PhD in English?

Eligibility criteria for OBC candidates to pursue Ph.D in English are as follows:-
Students must have passed Master's Degree course from a recognised university or equivalent qualification with at least 55% aggregate (for General and OBC) and 50% aggregate for SC/ST.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?