20th August 2016, 12:09 AM
Appu Sashi

Eligibility of doing MCA after graduation in Zoology?

I am a student and pursuing my graduation in Zoology. I want to do MCA later. Can I do MCA after my graduation in zoology? Please reply.

20th August 2016, 09:37 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility of doing MCA after graduation in Zoology?

For MCA , You should have passed your graduation in any discipline with maths as a compulsory subject in graduation or (10+2) from a recognized institute.

MCA Specializations
- Hardware Technology
- Internet
- Software Development
- System Engineering
- Troubleshooting
- System Management

Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Maths
- General Knowledge
- Computer Awareness and IT
- Logical Ability and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language & Comprehension

Top Recruiters
- Wipro
- Mphasis
- HCL Technologies
- Dexcel Designs
- Robosoft
- Cognizant
- Sonata Software
- Infosys
- Symphony
- Cisco
- Mahindra Satyam
20th August 2016, 10:07 PM
adityasingh89

The only two requirements are:
1. You need to Maths as a subject in 10+2.
2. YOu need to be BCA or equivalent.

The first criteria is needed in all colleges, but the second critaria varies from college to college.
But absolutely your zoology degree will not come between your MCA wish.
There are many good colleges who provide MCA courses after any graduation.
Give it a try.
All the best.
20th August 2016, 10:24 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Applications. It is a three-year postgraduate degree course in the field of Information Technology.

Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in Computer Applications or in any other discipline with Mathematics subject at Graduation or 12th standard level from a Government recognised board/ university are eligible to pursue MCA course.

The admission process followed for MCA course differs from Institute to Institute. Some colleges offer admissions in MCA course on basis of Graduation marks whereas some top reputed institutes conducts their own entrance examination to find merit candidates for offering admission in MCA course.

As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you have pursued your Graduation in Zoology without Mathematics subject, so, you are not eligible to get admission for pursuing MCA course.
20th August 2016, 11:27 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

MCA stands for Master of Computer Application.

Eligibility criteria for this course:

1. The minimum academic qualification required for this course is bachelor's degree in disciplines like science, engineering,technology, computer application etc. Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible for this exam.

2. One of the most important criteria for this course is that you must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level.

You can apply for MCA course after graduation in zoology if you have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level. Entrance exams like NIMCET, JAM etc are conducted for admission in MCA in top technical colleges.
20th August 2016, 11:43 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

For Master of Computer Applications course candidate must have passed bachelor’s degree with minimum 60% marks with Mathematics.55% in the case of reserved category. Also you need to appear in entrance examination to get admission in Master of Computer Applications. As per the information you have provided in your query, you have completed graduation in Zoology so as per my knowledge you are not eligible for Master of Computer Applications.
21st August 2016, 06:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appu Sashi View Post
I am a student and pursuing my graduation in Zoology. I want to do MCA later. Can I do MCA after my graduation in zoology? Please reply.
No, you are not eligible for MCA course.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with Mathematics or Computer Science from a recognized University are eligible for MCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?